*Specific* Whole package - building the quietest *Centerfire* rifle: weapon, ammo, suppressor & mods

TXAZ

*Specific* Whole package - building the quietest *Centerfire* rifle: weapon, ammo, suppressor & mods

After considering Boomer and his QDL .50 BMG suppressor, a combination that reduces the sound level to a 12 Ga. Mag level, the question is what combination produces the very lowest level of sound:

Specific caliber and brand / model of rifle (Centerfire)

Ammo

Suppressor

Modifications if any

Edited: Centerfire rifles, .223 or greater caliber

Last edited:

Ricklin

300 Blackout?

Due to the sonic crack produced by the majority of center fire calibers The obvious choice would be subsonic ammo.
I'm thinking 300 Blackout. A locked breech would further reduce sound, so a bolt action 300 blackout with a 16 or 18 inch threaded barrel.

Given the popularity I would think that is an off the shelf rifle, I would be surprised if you don't have a bunch to choose from.

I don't know if you can modify an AR pattern to keep the breech closed, again just spitballin here.

Have no clue what suppressor would be best.

Sharkbite

I shoot a Remington 700SD in 300 Blackout with an AAC 762sdn6 can. With subsonic ammo it is silly quiet.

I load my subsonic loads to be able to cycle my AR, im sure if i played around with powder selection i could make the bolt gun even quieter