Special Purpose Vehicle Marketed for Gun Owners

MTT TL

And it is a Toyota.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2010-sema-toyota-tundra-sportsman-25935.html
Bed Modifications
• Fabricated bed cap or shell with vertical opening; entire bed side swings out to a 90 degree angle from the truck.
• Two steel, locking rifle cases and pistol safe integrated into cabinetry
• Foldable work bench
• Driver side dedicated to firearms
• Passenger side dedicated to bow hunting and camping accessories
• Room for two bows and archery accessories is built into the upper cabinet areas.
• Closet to accommodate camouflage hunting clothing and foul weather gear
• Tailgate dedicated as a Food Preparation Zone
• Mobile kitchen includes a small stove, sink, work surface, storage for cooking utensils, and a built-in seven-gallon water tank
• 86 square foot platform with collapsible hand rails and ladder for use as living/sleeping quarters, hunting blind, 7’ x 7’ two-man tent, and to safely transport game

I have never seen a vehicle that comes with built in gun cases before. Too bad the economy is in the toilet.

2010-sema-toyota-tundra-sportsman-25935_1.jpg

silvercorvette

but at least its a Toyota

I would rather have my trucks accelerate when I push the pedal, not when the truck makes up it's mind to do it on it's own:eek:.
Plus I don't think Toyota makes a full size crew cab in a 8 foot long bed.

Last edited:

Ben

Not sure I can take that into an automated car-wash though... Otherwise it's PERFECT :barf:

Ben

aarondhgraham

That cracks me up,,,

When my brother-in-law made something quite similar to that rig,,,
People called him an ignorant redneck.

That was even though he bought a used truck for the project,,,
Made it for him and his two grown sons to hunt with,,,
And did a very clean job of the construction.

He has had and used it for over 20 years now,,,
He says it is the best hunting investment he ever made.

I'm going to have to send him this picture.

silvercorvette

I am not a hunter, it's bee over 35 years since the last time I went out but I believe there are laws that make it illegal to hunt or shoot from a vehicle. Maybe someone that knows more about the hunting laws can correct me if I am wrong.

zoomie

silvercorvette

many years ago before it got so crowded on LI NY we would go rat hunting at the local dump. On guy we knew was a night watchman and had the use of a pick up truck that belonged to the dump. A bunch of us guys stood in the bed of the truck and rested our .22s on top of the cab. We rode around with the lights off then would stop and turn off the engine. After a while you could hear them moving around and that is when the headlights went on at high beam. As soon as the lights went on they would scatter and we would unload in semi auto mode as fast as we could pull the trigger. It stunk like heck but it was the most fun I ever had with all my clothes on.

silvercorvette

Neither does Dodge
At least my Toyota was built in the USA!

After I got my truck I was disappointed to discover that the truck was not made on the U.S.A. It is a sad thing to see our jobs being sent to Mexico. By the way a lot of Corvette owners were ticked off when Chevy started building their transmission in Mexico back in the late 90's.

My 2010 Dodge diesel has a full size crew cab with a 8 foot long bed. I needed the room to fit a long bed camper and room in the crew cab to carry camping supplies and my 2 dogs that travel with me. They do make short bed campers but they just don't have the room. A pull behind would cost less money and have more room but a smaller slide in works better for me, because I can take it places that would be difficult to do in a pull behind. The slide in is small but it is amazing how much stuff you can fit into something that fits in an 8 foot bed. Too bad I don't hunt because this would make a perfect go anywhere hunting lodge

DSC00991.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-2.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-3.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-4.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-6.jpg

RichardWA

Hmm, local Dodge dealer told me the only way to get an 8' bed was with a regular cab. Just wanted to sell stock on hand I guess.

That's a nice unit you have there!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Wow... that 4 foot square blind will make them never see that 20 foot truck below it....:rolleyes:

I don't know about where you guys hunt but around here most critters will run from a parked truck as quickly as they will a person and if the truck is far enough away to not bother them then sitting on top of it isn't going to bother them either, blind or not.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Check out the $340,000 "Critter Gitter" as reviewed in Car and Driver.

You know, I might have been more impressed had I not seen those being used for swamp tours (hence the long bench seats for the passengers). It doesn't seem like it has been particularly modified for hunting over the "tour bus" version save for the name.