"Special", Odd, Interesting, or Low Serial Numbers You Have Had

FrankenMauser

I have had some odd or interesting serial numbers on firearms.
In addition, I have a few firearms that have low serial numbers.

I was just wondering what some of you may have had, as well.

Some of the notable serial numbers I have had, or still have:
00208 (00001-00200 were reserved for employees and pre-production samples, distribution for sale started with 00201 ;))
70038 (Production started with 70026 ;))

If you don't want big brother to "know what you have"; don't post make/model, or don't post at all.

jonnyc

Before I knew too much about guns, I had a carry gun while living in Israel. It was a 1936 Polish "Eagle" Radom. The number was #0949. A real early gun that I kick myself for leaving there.

Murrdock

My girlfriends mother has a Marlin model 1894 in .38-40 with a 622 serial number.

Lowest I have is... Well, my Stevens 311 and my J.C. Higgans .35 remington are pre-1968, so they didn't need serial numbers. :D

hermannr

I have a CZ-85 built in 1991 that does not have ambidextrus safety or slide release. Never has had, it was built that way. Frame, slide and barrel all have the same serial number.

No it is not a 75, it is an 85.

TheNocturnus

LOL, My Taurus PT111 that had the serial number starting with these 3 letters: TRD... It really was a piece of crap.

Last edited:

Skadoosh

I have a Colt 1903 Hammerless that has mismatched serial numbers on the slide and frame...what makes it interesting is that the frame is serial number 388117 and the slide is serial number 389117.

Go figure....

My favorite .22 is my Remington Nylon 66. Bought it at Sears in 1968 for $75.00. It has no serial number...not required back then. It's in great condition and is still very accurate. :)

Rifleman1776

I made a gigantic misteak with some low ser. # pistols.
They were the Colt reissues of the Colt Navy series 1851 cap and balls. The pistols came out in the 1970s. But, Colt announced them early. I owned a gun shop and specialized in muzzle loaders. I took deposits from six customers for the pistols. After two or three years Colt still had not manufactured or shipped the pistols and I had to return the deposits. Later when the six pistols came in I sold off five and kept one for myself.
Stupid part is they were low serial numbered. [apx. 15,000] Colt took up the numbering where they had left off in the 1800s. The six I got were sequentially numbered. If I had kept them all in original boxes, today they would be very-very desirable to collectors. Instead I shot and used mine. Sold it recently at mimimal value. :(

InigoMontoya

Not mine, but a friend has a 1911 with the following serial number (or something very, very similar)....

1MEAN45

I'd never heard/seen anything like it before. He stated that the gun was custom made and he simply asked the manufacturer if they could give him that serial number. They said yes.

Gunplummer

I was at Camp LeJeune and we got a crate of new .45's in and one had no serial number on it. I have also owned a T99 Arisaka with no serial #