Speaking of SxS shotguns...

SteelJM1

I was looking through the tacticool stoeger shotgun thread, after being interested for quite a while about aquiring a coachgun.

I'm interested in the Baikal MP220F, the 20" SxS with external hammers. I'm just curious as to what their going rate is these days, NIB? I'm thinking around $350 give or take, can you guys tell me if I'm way off base or in the ballpark? This will be my Christmas present to myself for being so awesome, so I need to know how much to save for the next 3 months. Thanks. :D

darkgael

SXS

The Baikal SXSs are sold now under the Remington Spartan name. The gun to which you refer is the SPR 220. There is also the SPR 210 (single trigger). Both available as a coach gun with exposed hammers. You were right about the price - about $350 list.
Pete

SteelJM1

I thought Remington dropped the Spartan line and now they're being sold through the dealers under USSG (part of EAA if i remember correctly)?

SteelJM1

Well yes and no. You can fnid the page by googling it, but you can't actually get to it through the links. There is no Spartan shotgun line in the shotgun tab! Nor are they listed in their MSRP list :mad:

Icopy1

Cdnninvestments are selling the Spartan line in the $300 dollar range. I purchased the sxs with the external hammers, screw in chokes and chrome-lined barrels this past spring. It's fun to shoot and well made. I would check their web site and download their catalog. They may still have them for sale.