Spartanburg County, SC Sheriff tells women to arm themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimpeel

After a woman was attacked this weekend the sheriff went on a rant that included telling the citizenry to arm themselves with concealed firearms.

SOURCE

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves
Sheriff Chuck Wright Doesn’t Hold Back

POSTED: 12:31 pm EDT October 31, 2011

At one point, Wright held up a fanny pack and said, "They make this right here where you can conceal a small pistol in them. They got one called The Judge that shoots a .45 or a .410 shell. You ain't got to be accurate; you just have to get close."

<MORE>

jgcoastie

I think we all kind of shook our heads when we read that.

However, I like the premise of LEOs recommending the citizenry should arm themselves.

Personal responsibility; it goes well beyond admitting when you're wrong, it means you willfully bear the weight of responsibility in all aspects of your life. Maintaining sound finances, completing maintenance of your personal property and home, living and treating others ethically/morally/etc, making smart decisions, and knowing how to defend the lives of you and yours.

In short; do the right thing the first time, be smart, speak softly and carry a big stick.

I don't think anyone here actually needed to be told that....

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
"Too bad a concealed carry permitted person hadn't walked by and heard the screams... That would have fixed this!!!":cool::D

Brent

It is refreshing to hear a chief law enforcement officer say, "Arm yourself". All too often, we see the articles quoting Police Chiefs who are a tad more anti-gun. I guess that's the difference between a Sheriff who is elected and a Police Chief or Commissioner who is appointed and owes his job to the politician that gave him the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.