Spare mags for 1911 conversion

Bacchus

I've been looking at the Ciener 22 LR conversion for 1911 style pistols and noticed that they usually come with 1 magazine. Additional mags are about $25.

Are there any good sources for cheaper additional mags?
Will any mags designed for other firearms work?

Brian D.

Bacchus...

...unless you come across some second hand from an individual, I don't think you'll do better than $25. Ciener and others list them at $35 or so. I don't believe there are other mags which can be substituted, although there have certainly been lots of flavors of .22 conversions made for 1911s over the years.FWIW I've never seen a need for more than a couple spares for any of my conversions, especially the Glock ones that don't drop free, not too useful at steel speed events. Hope this helps.

markmcj

Bacchus, If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be very interested in your source for $25 Ciener conversion mags. I need to order a couple. I would like to have 3 for my conversion.

mark mcj

Bacchus

As far as I remember, Cabelas had the kits and spare mags not too long ago. The kits were under $200 and the mags were $25, IIRC.

Unfortunately, they are listed as out of stock on their website. I checked at Cheaper than Dirt, Natchez, and Midway, too. No dice.

Ciener sells them directly, but the whole kit is listed at $200 and the mags at $40.