SP101 holsters... Lets see em

Nagano21

I am looking for a CC holster for my sp101... I currently use a nylon IWB... it is OK but I want something better, I feel IWB is prob the best for CC, however if you have an OWB that from your experience hides well, I wouldn't mind taking a look either.

Please leave the name of the holster with the pic so I can research it easier. Thanks

8shot357

Mine's an ear plug as not to get lint in the barrel in my pocket. Do you need a photo?

Attachments

• Gun S&W 638 new 003.jpg
    Gun S&W 638 new 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 238

napg19

I like my Don Hume 721 open top owb for my 3" sp101. I think it conceals real good. I also have a Simply Rugged silver dollar pancake holster that can be worn iwb or owb. For me it's alittle bigger than the don hume and not as comfortable and dosen't conceal as well.

Andy Taylor

I use a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for my SP101 3". It is an OWB and that is how I use it. When you order you can get the optional "inside out straps" that convert it to IWB and people seem to like them. That gives you two holsters in one.

www.simplyrugged.com

Old John

Galco.....

Mine is a Galco, Model SW122B. It is an OWB, high-ride, open-top pancake Holster.
It rides with most of the SP101 above a belt, and very tight to my side.
ETA........The SP is very snug in the Holster.
My Ruger LCR also rides very comfortably in it. I've been using it every day for about 8 years. Still in good shape.

Last edited:

wheelyfun

I gotta admit... I forgot how to post pics...

But, I conceal carry a Ruger SP snub.

I use two different holsters.

AKJ Concealco IWB. Black leather, adjustable cant angle, belt loops spread out for even weight distribution, snap off and on.

Crossbreed Qwikclip IWB. One belt loop, adjustable cant angle, leather backing with a kydex body.

Of the two, I actually like the Crossbreed for comfort, but the AKJ is more secure (two belt loops as opposed to one on the Qwikclip.)

I heard that the Crossbreed Supertuck is outstanding for SP snubs, but haven't tried one.

Nagano21

Wheelyfun,

I like the looks of those crossbreed holster IWB rigs, however when I was on the site, There was nothing for a SP101.. kinda bummed.

wheelyfun

Nagano21,
Crossbreed DOES have holsters for an Ruger SP..
I just double checked their website, looked for the Supertuck (I have the qwikclip, but would recommend the supertuck)..
scrolled down for my specific gun..Ruger SP101... there it is!

Look again, and you will see a holster for you!
(now..if only Comptac would make one for revolvers...)

Good luck

savit260

Simply Rugged.

The floral carved one (silver dollar pancake) has a Colt Cobra in it, but it's the same size as an SP-101. Most SP 101 holsters will fit Colt Detective Special/Cobra/Agents and vice versa.

The Larger one with the Python has the "Inside out" straps attached for IWB carry. The Cobra's holster has the Inside out straps off in that pic, for OWB carry.

IMG_1025.jpg