Source for metric screws?

I need 2 M-4 Metric machine screws.

1) They must be flat head (bigger at top and tapering down to shaft)
2) Slotted (no philips or anythng fancy) head
3) steel
4) preferably black/blue

I've tried Fastenal and they only have philips or what not.

Pahoo

McMaster-Carr ??

I've tried Fastenal and they only have philips or what not.
Interesting !! Have you tried McMaster-Carr, tel:+16308330300. If all you find, is plated, you can remove the plating and reblue, black oxide. I had to do this, on a simulare project. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:

tangolima

The exact part you are looking for is rather rare. They don't make many slotted heads nowadays because of weak demand. Rare things are usually expensive. How much are you willing to pay for such screw? A CNC shop can make almost any parts if you don't mind the price.

I needed a metric screw for gew88. I found one in stainless steel with philips head. I hacksawed a slot on the head and painted both ends black. No good to a collector, but quite alright to me. My improvision to keep it going is part of its history now.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FrankenMauser

M4 slotted screws are like 4-40 cup point set screws.
They exist and are commonly used by manufacturers, but finding them in the wild can be very frustrating.

What do you need them for? Someone might know of an alternative, or original parts.

Per a suggestion, I got them off FleaBay. McMaster-Carr has them but $24 postage for a lifetime supply (100) killed it for me. I'm rebuilding a muzzleloading squirrelgun. Just made a horn nose for it (go to blackpowder forum for image)