source for fat grips for 1911

BornFighting88

Pacmyar American Legend are slightly fatter. Not doublestack pistol fat, but they also have a rubber wrap-around with finger grooves that really thickens the grip up, and elongates it slightly, too. I am a huge fan of my set. Have had them on for 13 years.

Hogue Overmolded are good choices. The factory set on my Kimber Officer's are quite hand filling. I am actually looking to thin my carry pistol's grips out, so I am in the opposite boat. If you know where a super thin set are, or how to get some, please tell me, bud.

This is going to sound like a bit of a stretch, or a cop out, but if you have a 3-D printer, and the slicing software for it... (or if a friend has the same) you can custom print some. I know that PETG is a great resilient material for things that see a beatin'. Can make them whatever color you want, too. The nice thing about the slicing software is that you can actually extend the physical properties of the grips to make the grip width as fatty fat fat as you want it to be.

Or you could feed your pistol a "healthy" diet of carbohydrates and sugars... =-p

Rob228

VZ makes all different thickness grips and they look pretty good. They are G10 laminate, some folks do find them a bit sharp.