Source for custom made handgun grips

Carbon_15

I havent been able to find any aftermarket grips to fit the compact Baby Eagle. When I pick it up (damn one gun a month law) I am having it slicked up, stippled, and refinished in satin hard chrome or electroless nickle. With all the extra work, hard plastic grips bairly seem befitting. I cant seem to find anyone who suplies premade grips for it in exotic hardwoods, so I guess I will have to have a set custom made. Does anyone know a good woodworker who would be able to make the grip panels? A reasonable price is always a good thing, but quality is my biggest concern. Also, I want them in a dark to almost black wood, what are some good very dark woods that still have distiguishable figuring. I dont want to spend spend several hundred bucks on custom grips that end up looking like $30 black micarta. Black Diamondwood is at the top of my list right now.

waltherpfive

This guy ain't cheap but he is the best custom grip maker I have ever seen. Talk to him about the type of wood. He use to have a waiting list but if you can wait it is worth it.

Roy Fishpaw

Ryan Meyering

If I wanted a nice dark wood that didn't look like micarta, I think diamondwood would probably be my last choice...

Ebony is a very dark, dense wood and some of it has nice figuring in it. Personally if I were going the full cusotm route I'd go with a nice piece of ironwood. Colors vary, but you should be able to find a nicely figured dark brown piece of ironwood with black swirls.

Hogue makes grips for the Desert Eagle, according to Magnum Research's website. It couldn't hurt to contact Hogue and see if they make grips for the Baby Eagle too. http://www.hoguegrips.com

Ryan