Sounds like a Fanny Pack to me...

My wife wants a form of storage pouch for ammo to keep on herself. We have Randy Cain's handgun course coming up in a couple of weeks. We already have extra mags. But, we don't have time during session to run back and reload. I use cargo shorts and pile up the ammo in the pockets. She isn't so keen on that idea.

Any ideas instead of getting a "Fanny Pack"?

armedandsafe

Hit the thrift store and buy an old leather purse with a long strap. Cut all the internal guts out. Open a wire coat hanger and have the shoe repair shop sew it into the top rim to keep the mouth open.

Sling the purse over her shoulder, around her neck, fill it with magazines / ammo and go to it.

These are also called "possibles bags" by some shooters.

Pops

That's an idea, but the movements in the course will have that bag moving about providing interference. Plus, I don't thing she'd like the idea of having a shoulder rig.

The fanny pack concept is spot on....the style aspect is NOT. I'm thinking, "Wish in one hand and crap in the other; which one will you get first"....

armedandsafe

Well, if it can't be about the upper body, and it can't be on the legs, and it can't be a waist bag, that leaves the little red wagon, right? :D:p:D

Movement of the shoulder bag can indeed be a problem. Another strap to go around the waist or lower chest might solve that one. A back pack or book bag worn backwards, perhaps?

If this is to be a rig for every-day carry, rather than just for this (and similar) training course, I have no idea what she would want or accept.

Pops

M14fan

Maxpedition packs are shoulder bags that may be anchored by attachment to your belt as well. Might check those out.