Sorry Marines

Gryff

But the question is how would the Marines do if they had an entire unit dedicated to training for and participating in competitions. The AMU is seriously cool, but the Marines don't seem to allocate resources for that sort of thing.

Bud Helms

Sgt. 1st Class James Henderson, USAMU, was crowned champion after dominating the field, ...

“This is a true testament to being the best overall pistol shooter (in the military),” he said. ...

Did he actually say that about his own performance? True as it may be, that strikes me as uncharacteristic self-praise for a military member to utter in public.

kraigwy

When the National Guard first started the Wilson Matches, (National Guard Championships) they were using M14s and 1911a1s. The Winner of the Rifle Matches received a nice trophy M14 and and pistol team winner go a trophy 1911.

The ATF threw a hissy fit saying the M14s were machine guns. The NGMTU gave the winner of the M14 a permanent hand receipt, the rifle wasn't his but he got to keep it. After that the NG went back to giving M1s.

Never heard of anyone getting machined gun down with a special presentation grade M14 but Hey, we know ATF is all knowing.

Navy joe

I'm waiting on a trophy M1 for shooting done in a pistol EIC. No trophy 1911s, I think Bill Clinton had all the excess stock 1911s chopped in half. Thanks Willie!