Sonic Cleaner recipes for suppressors

Chaparral

I just purchased a Silencer Central Banish 30. Just waiting to be approved now. This will be my first suppressor. I also picked up a sonic cleaner on sale at Harbor Freight. Does anyone in here have any recipes for cleaning solutions? It seems like there are a bunch out there on Youtube. One guy told me he uses straight white vinegar.

taylorce1

A suppressor is an investment, I'd consult the manufacturer first before trusting web based recipes. There are some cleaners out there that aren't safe for certain metals or that might dull/strip the finish on your suppressor. Simple Green is higly caustic to aluminum and I probably wouldn't use the "aluminum safe" version either. I know when I was in the military several messages came down not to use it when cleaning any aluminum part. I know your suppressor is titanium, but make sure what you're using doesn't react adversely with that metal.

I use an Omega 300 suppressor, and it isn't user servicable like the Banish. However, like my Omega your Banish should require minimal maintenance. I just need to service the threads and run a brush through the bore occasionally.

Last edited:

Bentonville

I have an Obsidian 45 by Rugged. It’s has stainless steel baffles and anodized aluminum tube and end caps. The Harbor Freight Cleaner works well for me.
The Rugged instructions work well; 50/50 purple power and water for about an hour. I use heated setting. The baffles don’t have to be spotless.
Do not put aluminum parts in the ultrasonic cleaner. Stainless and titanium only. Don’t use harsh chemicals for cleaning agents . Purple power or simple green are the ones I am familiar with . Wipe parts with paper towel to remove film after cleaning with sonic cleaner.
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/how-to-clean-my-silencer

Txhillbilly

I've always just soaked mine in Berryman's Chem-Tool automotive cleaner. It comes in a gallon can.
5 of the 7 suppressor's I have can be taken apart for cleaning. I just let everything soak for 12-24 hours, and almost all of the carbon / lead residue will wipe off with a rag.
My two Thunder Beast suppressor's, I just soak the entire unit's in it, and then blow them out with my compressor, and stand on the end to drip dry.

Never used a sonic cleaner, but it would probably work just as well.