Something mildly amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballardw

At least I thought it amusing.

I was using my credit card's website to review last year's expenditures and there was a pie chart that broke out categories of spending. One category I did not expect to see was "Health and Fitness".

After poking down through menus to details I found that related to purchases at CDNN Sports (see, it is firearm related) where I often buy magazines and accessories and occasionally a firearm.

So that means my credit card company thinks buying magazines is a healthy activity.

44 AMP

Staff
ok, now you've got me thinking about "pie charts" and "layout spreads"...:rolleyes:

I seriously doubt your credit card company thinks your magazine purchases are health related. More likely they just put a purchase at X location in that category.

I forget now who it was but there was one company who advertised how they tracked your card purchases. When/if you bought something you don't usually buy, they would call and check to see if it was really you that bought it....

I suppose that was comforting to some folks...

ballardw

Pretty sure it was the name containing "Sports" that put the company into the category.

FWIW I did appreciate the same company calling me when my credit card attempted to buy about $800 of stereo equipment. That may also have been triggered as an out of area purchase. I had a couple issues after taking a trip a few years ago that the card had a couple of fraudulent charges but none were "swiped" or had the security code. So suspected one of the gas stations or restaurants I used had a suspect employee with partial access to card data.

Status
Not open for further replies.