Somebody Stop Me! HK USP Compact 45!

flinch_of_gt

Working at a gunshop has certain drawbacks: silly customers, ridiculous laws, and absurdly low pay. Not to mention that the staff has first crack at the consignment stuff.

Today's temptation: LNIB HK USP Compact 45, Variant 1. I like the integrated safety/decocker, and the fact that I can carry it a.) cocked and locked b.) hammer down, safety off c) hammer down, safety engaged. I also like HKs, and the fact that I'll only have to pay in their neighborhood of $575 (tax included) for an HK.

For God's sake, can anyone give me a reason not to spend yet another month eating Ramen noodles and ketchup sandwiches so I can get another handgun?

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Love your signature line. That was one of the funnest threads ever.

Oh, about the HK.

Naw, you dont want it. Over rated. Over priced. Get yourself I Hi Point. It's just as good and with the money you save you can eat lobster.

;)
(joke)

denfoote

First off, take a deep breath, clear your mind and let the hatred of all things HK fill your thoughts. That's it, feel the power of the Dark Side. Now repeat "Glocks rock". In about 10 minutes or so, you will be cured!! Of course a strong desire to aquire a Glock will replace the HK. Oh well!! I can't solve everything!!! :D

flinch_of_gt

Denfoote,

I already have a Glock 19. I could use a .45ACP in the collection, since I've got a P228 and P239 to round out my collection of Wundernines.

George,

We're still trying to figure out how to tape those threat plates onto body armor. Hundred-mile-an-hour-tape shows the most promise. The Barrett Light 50s are on order, as are the special wall-climbing boots. We did get that NEF Handi-Rifle in 300 Win Mag, though.

Chipperman

I have one myself and like it a lot. I like my Tac and P7's better, though. If it's a choice between the .45c and another HK, you might want to wait.

P7's are better for carry, and full-size USP's are better for the range. It's a good deal though...

benburnskf

you're tempted as you know....

these are great self-defenders<g>.

you *know* they can be dragged thru mud and will work.

you *know* they fire anything but holiday firecrackers.

you *know* they reek of quality.

you *know* the recoil can, taking some poetic license here, be only described as elegant.

i have two, but only in case one is stolen<g>.

Kermit

This is what, the 5th reply to this thread & you still haven't bought it? :rolleyes:

Go buy it! You know it's a good price for a pistol you want. Seems like a no brainer! ;) :D

Redlg155

I hear that a steady diet of Ramen Noodles could possibly affect you in the long term. The side affects of a nutritional deficit followed by the excess sodium intake could wreck havock on your body.

But what the hell..you got a new gun eh!:D

Sometimes an addiction can only be cured by overindulging in what ails you. Of course you want to be cured right?...Repeat after me..I need the HK...I need the HK...

Good SHooting
RED

Betty

Come To The Dark Side. I have!

I just purchased my USPc in .45 and took it to the range this past weekend. How do I like it? It's snuggled in my bellyband right now. It's the easist handling .45 auto I've ever gotten my hands on, and that's through Para's, other 1911's, and Glocks. Feels great in my hands, too.

Rickmeister

For God's sake, can anyone give me a reason not to spend yet another month eating Ramen noodles and ketchup sandwiches so I can get another handgun?

Sure.

Walther P99.

The all-German model.

Then you can throw in some cheese crackers! ;)

ENC

Advice from a college student:

BUY THE GUN IT IS AN hk FOR GOSH SAKES!!!!

Quit with the ketchup sandwiches that is just gross and there are plenty of flavors of ramen so as not to get tired of them.

Use the money you save on bread (you should be stealing the ketchup in packet form from Fast food places) to buy Flinstones chewables with Iron. These are hands down the best multi-vitamin on earth. Now you will remain healthy and happy.

Now for ammo $$. I suggest you sell all your pots and pans. This cookware is useless because the ramen can be made in a coffee maker.

Sometimes it is tough to decide whether or not to take the cheese from the trap or to wait and eat the mouse. :p

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Ramen - .10 a pack.
A dozen eggs - .89.

Be sure to crack an egg into the boiling water while your cooking the noodles. You need protein.

;)

New_comer

usp45c.jpg

BUY ME!! BUY ME!! :D

glock glockler

Runt, I've been interested in how your range session went. How was the accuracy, reliability? Also, what ammo did you put through it?

GG

Killians97

Bellyband?

Runt of the Litter,

I have had a .45C H&K since 98 and I have a drawer full of holsters. Granted, they are mostly cheap Uncle Mike nylon holsters. Of the Uncle Mikes I have a shoulder holster, paddle holster, belt holster with single mag carrier attached. Right now when I want to carry my H&K I have to be wearing loose jeans and 2 shirts to keep from printing with another cheap, nylon, IWB Uncle Mike holster. If I want additional mags, all I have is a Blade Tech 2 mag holster. I do have a Blade Tech belt holster, but I need to be wearing a winter jacket to hide that. I am always looking for a way to totally conceal my H&K .45C and this “bellyband” has my curiosity. Can you describe it for me? How does it feel? How well does it hide? Can you carry mags in it?

I have an old FEG .380 I wear during the summer time because its sooo easy to conceal. I would rather have my H&K instead. I am interesting in hearing how you carry the .45C.

BTW, I love my H&K. The only problem I have run into is that it is starting to not like S&B ammo. Seems to hang on the last round in the mag sometimes. I think I need new mag followers, they are showing some wear. I have no clue how many rounds I have put through it. Too many to count!

thanks,
Killians97

rick_reno

HK compact

I carry mine in either one of those Fobus holsters or a fanny pack from http://www.gungear.com/fanny.html
I like 45's and have them from Colt, Kimber, Sig, Glock and HK. My HK compact is the only one of these that has never jammed on me. It's why I carry it. I've run about 2000 rounds thru it and it functions fine.

Killians97

Ooppps!

I forgot to add, I have a fanny pack too. :D

I always feel a bit dorky wearing them, but they do work very well!

Killians97

OF

Come up the edge of this cliff here, flinch. Right up to the edge. Look right over the edge there...see that HK right down there?

<push>

Glad I could help. :)

- Gabe

Betty

glock glockler,
I'm still working on the range report - trying to figure out how to add to all the billion other USPc reviews out there. We shot 230 +P Quik-Shocks, 185gr. +P Remingtons, 185gr. 3D HP's and 230gr. PMP ball.

No problems; one stovepipe due to me limpwristing while shooting with my left hand. It shot best (as in most comfortable and accurate for me) with the 185 gr.

Overall it's a GREAT gun, and is now my primary carry weapon. Para? What Para? :D

Killians97,
I really like the bellyband; it's the only holster that works on me.

Upsides: no bulky leather or other holster parts to print, one size holster fits many different size handguns, it stretches when you eat, and you don't have a holster flopping around your ankles when you potty (the gun is in the same place ALL the time!). It is decent for retention as long as you're wearing it right.

Downsides: It can get hot and sweaty under the elastic in the summertime, and isn't good for reholstering quickly.

My bellyband is made by Ace Case, and has two extra mag slots. I had another kind (forgot brand) that had nice air holes in the elastic, but didn't keep my gun close to my body when I leaned over; the elastic did not go all the way around and stopped by the holster where it continued with velcro sided cloth. Personally, I'm not fond of the Uncle Mike's belly band with all the extra doo-dads and plastic.

I carry my USP cocked n' locked at 4 o'clock, which is extremely comfortable and doesn't get in my way when I sit. It's the largest gun I've hidden in the bellyband so far. As long as I wear a top that covers around 6 inches below the waist, you can't see a thing. Dad, my brother, Oleg, lendringser and Tamara couldn't see the gun on me!

flinch,
You want the HK!