Some very welcome news!

Yoosta B. Blue

I was just at my local Walmart (in NE San Antonio, TX) to check the ammo they had on hand. Struck up a conversation with the Dept. Mgr. He said that they are soon going to be stocking reloading components there. He didn't go into detail as to just what all might be involved, but even so, I'm delighted to hear this! (Our local Sportsman's Warehouse shut its doors a year or so ago, and there's nothing else here close that sells such items.) Go Walmart! :D

Yoosta B. Blue

Caboclo

Seems to vary by location. The Wally in Durango, CO carries a fair bit of reloading stuff, but the ones in Denver do not.

Sevens

Yep, and I've heard that down south they have primers and other reloading components, but I'm not holding my breath here in Ohio.

But if they do happen to go that route... that would be pretty spiffy!

dakota223

With the stand walmart has taken against the second amendment by letting ffls run out in districts so they can keep gun sales out of urban and suburban area. I dont even buy cleaning solvent at walmart. Had trouble even purchasing a fishing license there. Felt extremely guilty towards treason of the fellow gun owners. Sucks when there the only machine working to print licenses.

Stargazer

I was just at my local Walmart (in NE San Antonio, TX) to check the ammo they had on hand. Struck up a conversation with the Dept. Mgr. He said that they are soon going to be stocking reloading components there. He didn't go into detail as to just what all might be involved, but even so, I'm delighted to hear this! (Our local Sportsman's Warehouse shut its doors a year or so ago, and there's nothing else here close that sells such items.) Go Walmart!

What about Nagels? Not too far from you and every time I go there they have what I want. Lots of times they got to go dig in the back for it, but they always bring back what I ask for or something similar. :)

maggys drawers

A WallyWorld employee told me whether they stock reloading supplies or not depends on the designation of the store. If they are considered a "rural" store, they have the option of being able to order and stock reloading supplies. If they are considered an "urban" store, they do not even have supplies listed on their order books.

5R milspec

well all I know is that our Wal-Mart want be saleing reloading stuff.they just quit saleing guns 2 years ago after building the newer store.said that we lived close enought to Florence S.C. that still sales guns.

but I have been to Boone N.C. and saw that they sold reloading stuff.but was really limited to what the y sold.just only had a few things.a few choices of powder and bullets.even the tools gave a small choice to choose from.but hey that a move up in the world I guess.so I give Wal-Mart a C+ on the call to sale realoading stuff.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I wish our Wal*Mart would carry reloading supplies. They hardly even carry ammo. The only gun that I can get ammo for from Wal*Mart is my 22. They're upgrading to a big new building and becoming a Super Wal*mart, so maybe they'll carry a few reloading items. They certainly shouldn't be listed as "urban".

spacecoast

I checked ours today and they had more than I've ever seen, but still no .38s, .380s or .45s. They had some .357s for $26 a box (ouch) and their prices on 9mm have gone up from what I was getting it for back in the fall (now $12 per 50, was $10). Same for .22s, the $15 box of 550 is now $18.47 or such.

I wish they would carry primers and/or powder, but I won't hold my breath.

azar92

I don't know about the "urban" vs. "rural" unless everything in Utah is considered "rural". The three closest Wal-Marts to me all stock reloading supplies. One is in the town where I live which has 60,000 to 70,000 residents. The other is in a town of about 9,000 which sounds small until you consider it abuts a town of about 85,000. The other is in a town of about 15,000 abutting a city of about 45,000. None of these places are in the sticks.

The reloading supplies are quite slim. They only stock 6 of the most popular powders. Reloder 22, Varget, IMR 4064, IMR 4350, IMR 4831 and Unique. They are about 7.5% cheaper than the local Sportsmans and mom & pop shops. 1lb of RL-22 runs $23.12 vs. $24.99 at SW. They carry RCBS die sets for .270 Win, .30-06, .30-30, .243, .223, .308, and 7mm Rem Mag. They carry a slim selection of .224, .243, .257, .277, .284, and .308 caliber bullets (along with some pistol calibers like .45) from Sierra, Nosler, and Hornady. While they may carry primers, I've never seen them stocked. They also sell a few of the major bullet manufacturers manuals (Speer #14, Nosler #6, Hornady #7, Sierra #5).

I've only every bought 1lb of RL-22 there. While it's nice to have a back-up in case one of the big stores sells out, it's not much to look at.

spacecoast

The three closest Wal-Marts to me all stock reloading supplies

azar92 -

Consider yourself *very fortunate*. Our town is much bigger than yours but none of the 3 WalMarts have anything related to reloading, and can barely keep a little ammo on the shelves, if at all.