Some suggestions for new Kahr PM9

HKFan9

I bought a Kahr PM9 recently and put about 100 rounds through it with no problems so I am happy after hearing mixed feelings about it. This Friday I will be returning to the local range to finish the break in and practice some more with it. I just wanted to ask you fellow PM9 (or similar sized guns) for some helpful advice to start looking from.

Holsters - I was considering buying both Nemesis pocket holster and Galco Sto-N-Go, wanted to hear some feedback on the Galco and open to other suggestions to try on.

Ammo - I break all my guns in on FMJ Win. White box, but am looking for some suggestions on a good 9mm Self Defense round that performed well out of your "mouse guns". I was thinking to stray away from any +P since the tiny gun already has some snap to it, but an open for any suggestions.

I know different people like different Holsters and its a personal thing, but I'm just looking on some ideas to try on, not go straight out and buy. Thanks

bikerbill

I carry my PM9 in a Nemesis, it's excellent, doesn't print and doesn't come out along with the gun ... as for ammunition, I stay away from +p, currently loaded with 135gr Federal Hydrashocks ...

mo_hunter

I just bought one a few days ago. I've run thru 100 rounds winchester white box without any problems so far. I went with a comp tac mtac iwb holster. I have one for my glocks as well and love it. I also carry in smartcarry if need be. I was looking for something smaller than my glocks for summer carry so I went with the pm9. Conceals much easier than my glock 26. Not sure what ammo I'm going to carry with it yet, most likely speer gold dot 124+p or corbon dpx. If you can try out a mtac holster I'm sure you'll like it. Let me know what you go with ammo and holster good luck.

LanceOregon

2cooltoolz

Here is my Kahr MK9 (same dimensions/holster as PM9) in a High Noon Alter Ego
highnoonholster001.jpg

highnoonholster003.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Forgive the skin...Belt clip camouflaged with cell holster

highnoonholster006.jpg

2cooltoolz

And here's my MK9 in a Minotaur, originally purchased with "C" clips

mk9.minotaur.jpg

I bought some standard clips and camouflaged them

minotaurkahrmk9camoflagefront.jpg

minotaurkahrmk9camoflageexposed.jpg

minotaurkahrmk9camoflagetucked.jpg

I have a Nemesis for pocket carry, but I find the MK9 to be too heavy.

p89ruger_9mm

Ammo and Holster?

Don Hume make a good holster and I use Remington Golden Saber 124gr. Federal Hydrashocks have a habit of stove piping, the bullet is too cone shaped.