Some Speedloader Help...

mikey357

I'm interested in finding a source OTHER THAN Dillon Precision for the "S.L Variant" Speedloaders from Germany...seems Dillon is REAL PROUD of theirs...judging by the prices, anyway...and lately, it seems as if they have reduced their selection, too...any help??? Thanks in advance....mikey357

mikey357

Well, yeah, I could do that, I suppose...but they ARE in Germany, and my German is a lil' rusty...also, I TRIED to do a "Search", but...it appears that the "Search" feature has been disabled here...wonder why that might be??? Anybody???....mikey357

WESHOOT2

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!!!!

Desparately searching for the SL in 45 Colt for my Redhawk (IPSC/USPSA, you know) but wasn't EVEN going to spend $300 for loading a gun that may get too hot to use LOL.

I'll call Saturday!!!!

C.R.Sam..........older brain has more knowledge stored up.

mikey357

C.R.Sam--thanks for the info...have you dealt w/Bob in the past? Do I (we-?) need to ask for him in particular, or can anyone there help us???....mikey357

WESHOOT2

I NOW HAVE PROOF

HKS speedloaders fit my:

S&W M38

GP100(s)

357 Redhawk

41 Redhawk

44 Redhawk

45 Colt Redhawk

I am in IPSC/USPSA revolver heaven!

C.R.Sam, you are the man.

wayne

Sure can ! I use SL Variants for IDPA. I buy mine all from Pat @ FX3, as he usually has every product Variant makes. He is not necessarily cheaper, but he has the whole product line, which is more than Dillon lists. They are definetly a quality product, and while more expensive than a HKS or or a Comp 1 or 2, I believe they are worth it for me. I equate it to buying a good pistol mag vs.a cheaper one. In any case you can email Pat at speedloaderslvariant@yahoo.com, or go to my web site, IDPA section, in my IDPA revolver section, there is a link to him also. Call him @ 702-396-002, he is in Nevada. Please tell him I told you to contact him.

WESHOOT2

HKS vs $

Not really a money issue; I've been using HKS since 1976, have for (now) all my wheels, and have NEVER had a failure of any kind with one.

Used Comp1,2,3's, but too fragile IME for serious work, let alone the heat of (sandy/snowy/rainy/muddy) competition. Never tried SL's, but handled a couple. Nice, but need time-proven devices (even my Open gun runs IRON sights).

HKS for them ALL!
Can you tell I'm pumped?

(Your SL results may vary. I'm stickin with the $4.88 versions.)

mikey357

Wayne--Thanks for the info...I'll give hima call the first part of next week...I've been using the "Variant" loader for my 686 Pluses, and want to try them for something bigger (.44 Mag, .45 LC, etc.)...IMHO, the HKS's ARE the most secure speedloader available, BUT--they are also the SLOWEST...and, when "Gaming", every 1/10 of a sec. counts!!!
FWIW, I use either HKS's or Safariland Comp II's w/my "Serious" roundguns...reserve the Comp III's and "Variants" for playtime!!!....mikey357

WESHOOT2

PRACTICAL vs GAMINESS

Prefer to keep as much of the game geared toward my daily gear, so I use the HKS's, I draw from holsters worn behind the hip (sometimes compete with my 1911 carried in Galco Royal Guard), other holsters are 1AT's (except Gilmore for comped Witness), sometimes wear trench coat, occasionally cpompete in tie and wing-tips, NEVER worry about winning, bu ALWAYS worry about hitting.
Dropped Comp 3, dumped ammo. No thanks.

I know in real life chances are I won't be running TOWARDS threat, but my gear will all be VERY familiar LOL.

-----------------------------------------------

"ALL my handguns are carry/competition handguns"

wayne

I have HKS, Comp 1 and 2 and Variants, and can use them equally well, but when all is perfect(with me that is), the Variants are FAST. I've heard that Comp III, and Jet Loaders will dump if dropped. I had asked Pat @ FX about Variants. Supposedly, they could dump if you drop them exactly upside down, on the handle. They even make a little rubber cap, for the end of the handle/grip, that eliminates that. Believe me, I have literally thrown my SL Variants down trying to make them eject, never happened, with or without the rubber cap. I have some of the caps, I use sometimes, they make a nice grabber ! I have heard of HKS's falling apart unexpectedly, and Comp 1 and 2 falling apart, so they all have problems. I've also found the "wiggle" in the wiggle versions of the HKS annoying, such as for the .44. But frankly they all accomplish the same thing. Heck, I've used all 3 brands at the same time before, during a stage, once it's in my hand, my hand knows what to do !