Some really bad boys

gdog

I noticed that the British are using some of their Gurkhas in Iraq.I guess they are keeping a lease on them.Just one of them would equal three of our best special ops boys.They are the badest of the bad when it comes to killing.The CIA has used them some.The ones hired from Nepal would kill an entire family and roast the baby for supper and sleep soundly.

Ed

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Facts about Ghurkas:

1. Gurkhas are mammals.

2. Gurkhas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of Gurkhas is to flip out and kill people.

Did you know that Gurkhas can't put their kukris back in the sheaths without drawing blood? That's how come Gurkhas are so pale and sluggish.

I heard that one time, this Gurkha totally uppercutted a kid just for opening a window! Then he wailed on a guitar and fought with a pirate.

Fred Hansen

dumbasses1.jpg

These are the only guys who are badder than Gurkhas.

I noticed that the British are using some of their Gurkhas in Iraq.I guess they are keeping a lease on them.Just one of them would equal three of our best special ops boys.They are the badest of the bad when it comes to killing.The CIA has used them some.The ones hired from Nepal would kill an entire family and roast the baby for supper and sleep soundly.

I can't believe folks buy into this stuff. Yes, many are trained fighters and are known to be determined and effective in some types of conflict circumstances, but they aren't super human.

FYI, they don't roast the baby. Babies are tender. They eat them raw.

Hal

They are the badest of the bad when it comes to killing.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941
Many of the posters here would have you take the Admiral's
quote at face value. I believe he was speaking more in metaphore.
The *baddest of the bad* is usually some kid put in a situation.

Audy Murphy for example was described by many of the people around him as a "perfect killing machine".

Bottom line is you can't tell in this country who's the *baddest of the bad*. Lot's of really hard ass stone cold killers here are asking you if you want a "Basket or a cart".

Did you know that Gurkhas can't put their kukris back in the sheaths without drawing blood?

While Don obviously meant this as part of humor, a lot of people really believe it to be true, but it isn't.

The kukris to the Gurkhas was about like the Bowie and similar knives were to frontier folk, a multipurpose tool.

From http://www.army.mod.uk/brigade_of_gurkhas/history/kukri_history.htm
It is important to remember that the kukri is a tool of all work, at home in the hills and on active service it will be used for cutting wood, hunting and skinning, opening tins, clearing undergrowth and any other chore. From this it is plain there can be no truth in the belief that a Gurkha must draw blood every time before he may return the kukri to its sheath.

Note that there is a brief myth section at the web site.

gburner

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight,
its the size of the fight in the dog.
I'm always wary of the smallest, most quiet one in the bunch.

I always thought that ghurkas were those little, sweet pickles served at Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)

BTR

Apparently, stories about their ferocity are one of their weapons, which worked to great effect in the falklands war...

Geoff Timm

BTR observed, "Apparently, stories about their ferocity are one of their weapons, which worked to great effect in the falklands war..."

Just to add to the legends, and to use some ancient Falklands war jokes:

Chinook helicopter, capacity, 28 Guardsmen, or 107 Gurkas.

"Her Majesties Forces include some very capable and courageous officers, but Not One was willing to tell the Gurkas her Majesty was throwing a war and they couldn't come."

The defense of Port Stanley collapsed, when the Argy General woke up with a bare Kukri laying across his chest. None of the 48 guards around his HQ saw a thing.

Geoff
Who suspects dedication and a small number of volunteers from a relatively large population creates a quality rare indeed.