Some old stuff, what do I have and what is its value?

Tophe

I found some more stuff in the garage that my dad used to use for reloading. Seems like a descent amount of lead, some molds....looks like one is for diff bullets, not sure what the other one is for. Then the plier things look like theyre for making round balls, not sure what caliber.

I was wondering if this stuff is worth much...What is lead going for? I think I could get rid of it locally pretty easily.

Hope these pics arent tiny...

reload.jpg

reload2.jpg

reload3.jpg

Last edited:

Tophe

hmm, I can see em. Must be cause their linked to my sprint pictures. I need to host em somewhere else..

Tophe

alright, they should be there, but now theyre tiny....I need to get my camera fixed so I dont have to use my phone:eek:

snuffy

Tophe, those pics are so small, it's hard to tell. But what I think I'm seeing is lead molds for making cores for swaging jacketed bullets. Swaging bullets usually use lead wire for making cores. But a cheaper way is to cast those cores using pure lead.

Well, that's mu guess!:confused:

F. Guffey

I see the bottom of a 'sad' iron (handle missing), a wing nut, molds with handle, coffee cups, one with lead weights, the struggle is the ingots in the container, I can not tell if that is lead or bottles of mercury, as indicated the other picture looks like bullet sizer/swaging equipment, if paired and split the pieces could be used to swage lead or for casting, I see what looks like concave/convex alignment arrangements.

F. Guffey

Tophe

let me see if i can blow the pics up....

It is all lead in the coffee cup, wheel weights to be exact, and a few nice hunks of lead. The other pieces are for molding bullets it looks like...