Some CZ .22s

P-990

I just wanted to show off a picture of my pair of CZ 452s from the range this afternoon. Top is a CZ452 American topped with a Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm EFR. Bottom is a CZ452FS topped with a Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm. Both are in .22LR.

From an aesthetics stand-point the FS is my favorite. The combination of the Mannlicher stock, iron sights and compact scope are perfect in my eyes. The drop of the hogback buttstock puts my face in the right spot behind the scope for easy offhand shooting.

From an accuracy standpoint the American and EFR scope take the win. The extra clarity of the adjustable objective scope combined with the better glass of the VX-2 versus the VX-1 makes lining up targets noticeably easier.

Both seem to be capable of .5-.75" 5-shot groups at 50-yards with SK Magazine. I suspect patience and better ammo will tighten those up, possibly closing in on a .5" average with some variety of target rimfire. But they're already accurate enough to make me happy. I plan to spend most of my shooting time with these rifles making backstop-grounded clay birds into smaller pieces, hitting playing cards and probably plinking spent shotgun shells off of target frames. :cool:

Am I willing to part with either of them? Not too likely! :D

(Of course now I'm thinking a 452 Lux with another VX-1 2-7x28mm would be an awesome addition to the pile... :eek: )

SaxonPig

I have an older one. Someone had painted the wood black so I had to strip and refinish it.

standard.jpg

How about a Chinese clone? Exact copy of the BRNO/CZ. Got this around 1989.

standard.jpg

JWT

I have a 452FS chambered in .17hmr. Sweet little gun. Action is amazingly smooth and the gun is a real tack shooter.

roashooter

CZ452FS...22...CZ452 Varmint..22....CZ455 Lux...22......yep I like CZs

and CZ527FS..223....CZ527 Carbine .223......like them a lot

Reloadron

The only rifle I have bought new in over 20 years is a CZ 452 American LH (Left Hand) and I could not be more pleased with that little rifle. I sort of lean towards the older 22 LR guns and this rifle shoots right up there with those fine older guns.

Ron

Venom1956

Sad part is 452 is a older gun now. Since the 455 replaced it. My biggest regret is never getting the 453 varmint with the sst. I had one at the local shop decided to wait and then after they announced they were discontinued it was gone.

22-rimfire

I also have two 452 22's. Good shooting 22's. I want a 22 mag now but never seem to see one at the local shops. No hurry.

Z400ACDC

I like my 452 and455 CZ rifles. The 50 yard accuracy is good on both. They shoot SK ammo well. The 452 groups from .3-5 and the 455 .5-7 from bipod and rear bag.