Some 1911 Mag will not Locked Open the pistol on the last round.

stdalire

I just want to know why there were some magazines that will not lock open my pistol when I racked it whilst the magazine is empty. I noticed this yesterday when I put some of my empty magazine to my 1911 and racked the slide. I am expecting my pistol to remain lock open but it doesn't. I tried the rest and it will lock open the pistol. But that magazine I am referring if loaded and after the last round the pistol remain open.

I appreciate any advise from your side.

7th Fleet

It may be a bad slide stop but more likely its the magazines in question. There is a small shelf on the magazine follower that catches on the slide stop. Put a good magazine in the weapon and lock the slide back and see how it operates. Sometimes you can bend that little tab on the follower and get the magazine to lock the slide back. Take the magazine follower out of the mag body and gently bend it outward, just a tad. But be careful its easy to screw the follower up and break that tab off. In that case buy the newer improved rounded followers and put those in your defective mags.

...7th

------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE, KEEP THEM INDEPENDENT.

[This message has been edited by 7th Fleet (edited April 11, 2000).]

stdalire

7th fleet, thank you so much for the advise. I will try to do as you've said.

This mag I am referring is the original 7rd colt magazine that goes with the pistol during my purchase. I think it is the mag that has defects as all the other mags I am using functions well.

Thanks again,

stdalire

HS: Good morning, I stretched the spring and returned it back and it works.

By the way, i am here now in my own country so i can freely talk guns as well as political and other matters freely without any fear from any group. I shopped the other day and there are good paras and colt models. What a good look of that rosewood stock of the new colt. The paras are good of their hi-cap but it really does not fit well my small hands.