Solid Deal on P228/P229 Mecgar mags $15

JDBerg

I have 2 of these magazines for my P228, these will also work fine in an early 9mm P229. These are not so fine in my M11-A1 (these actually fit really loose but seem to work OK at the range);

This Mec-Gar SKU MGP22815 flush-fit 15 round magazine fits all P228 pistols and fits older 9mm P229 pistols having a flat-sided narrow magazine. A Mec-Gar website warning states these are not for use in P229 E2 pistols using the wider tapered P229-1 magazine, which is what my M11-A1 uses.

There is a Mec-Gar SKU MGP22917 extended 17 round magazine that fits newer P229 and P229 E2 9mm pistols having a wider tapered P229-1 magazine. According to the Mec-Gar website, this will not fit in P228 and older 9mm P229 pistols that use the narrow flat-sided magazine. These 17 rounders would be a nice upgrade for the M11-A1.

Last edited:

Bart Noir

smax, you appear to be looking at the ad wrong. Or it is appearing wrong when you look at it :eek:

It says Sale Price: $15 when I look at it.

I may have to order some.

Bart Noir

Bart Noir

Oh, and notice that the small print says that the photo is wrong. I hope so, as it seems to be a politically neutered 10-round type of magazine.

Bart Noir

smax

smax, you appear to be looking at the ad wrong. Or it is appearing wrong when you look at it :eek:

It says Sale Price: $15 when I look at it.

I may have to order some.

Bart Noir

What the hell, now it's showing up right. I swear I looked at it twice (once on phone, once on computer) before posting that.

Carry on...

Bart Noir

It's the excitement of a sale, smax. It can scramble the brain almost as much as hearing the "beep" of the timer when you are shooting a practical pistol competition.

At least, for me that is so :D

But the bad news is that this mag is now out-of-stock.:mad:

Bart Noir