Sold my trusty EAA Windicator. Now lookingLCRx 38sp with the 3' Barrel

abowlieb

I sold my EAA Windicator a few days ago. I want to say, It was a nice little budget gun. I put about 1000-1500 (mostly 38sp) rounds thru that thing and not one problem. I think it would be a good gun for anyone not wanting to spend a lot on a revolver. Get one, it won me over to the revolver side!

Now that Windicator was my summer carry weapon, so I need to replace it with something light and small. I was really giving that LCRX a hard look over and I really like it. I want a 3' barrel with the adjustable sights. I think that weapon would be an awesome pick for.my summer carry. Im a pretty big guy and wouldnt have a problem hidding a 3' barrel in my summer gear.

Im open to other small frame revolvers in 38sp. Would prefer to have a longer barrel then a snubby but Im open to snubbies as well. Just trying to get a good feel of what is out there and what people may like and dislike about the firearm they are sharing. Thx for the input fellas!!

Model12Win

The LCR has proven itself to be among the best modern combat revolvers made.

The 3" barreled LCRx is a superb setup, and has gotten rave reviews.

I'd buy it, seems like it would be perfect for your needs. Stoke it with Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel .38 special +P 135 grain rounds, or even Buffalo Bore .38 special +P 158 grain LSWCHP loads which are quite powerful.

You will be very well armed.

Slimjim9

If you're open to snubbies the LCR 357 (loaded with 38+P) is a good choice as well. Even easier to hide with the shorter barrel and shorter grip.

abowlieb

SlimJim, That crossed my mind but Im not a fan of short barrel 357. Because of the loss of power from a short barrel. I rather have a 38sp that is easier to get a follow up shot and less muzzle blast.

I was looking at the LCR at first and that is how I found the LCRX. From that point on I was kinda hooked. Its not like it was when I first saw the gp100. That was a I got to have type feeling, this is hmm that would be really cool to have.

Dont get me wrong, I love me some 357, 125gr XTP, loaded with 22gr of h110. I carry that in my GP during the fall and winter months.

skizzums

sp101 if your not needing ultra-small. it's not too big, nor too small and is just a really, really nice revolver. I know the LCR's have proven themselves to many people on this forum, I am just not personally sold on it, doesn't fit me. I myself am very happy with my Taurus poly 357 at the moment, but it's not a high quality firearm, but it's light and accurate, although not very small.

abowlieb,

I to sold my Windicator (4"357)a couple of months ago and I agree Ruger is a super choice. Since you're a big guy maybe you might look into the GP100 series. The 12 ozs. makes a huge difference in firing the bigger loads,
I did, got the 4" and never looked back. It was easy to carry in the colder weather and I'm finding inventive ways to carry it now that it's warmer. Let me know what you decide.
Doc

Slimjim9

GP? For "summer carry"? Hmm, I don't think so. Not me anyway.

To OP about short barrel 357, I'm with you. I shoot 38+P from mine and that is more comfortable to shoot from the steel frame KLCR than the aluminum frame version. I have not shot an LCRx so can't comment on it.

abowlieb

Doc, I have a gp100. I carry it in the fall and winter. Even I have a hard time hidding that sucker in the summer so I carry something smaller.

I thought about the SP101. I really like those but I have a gp which kinda looks the same, so I wanted to add a different style into the mix. I like the weight of the sp101 and feel like it would be able to handle 357 loads fairly well, without beating my hands up to bad.

I also read the sp101 would be better if it has a trigger job done. I kinda want something that is golden out of the box n the trigger on the LCR series is a big selling point for me.

9x19

My LCRx revolvers have been good performers. I have a 2" and a 3", both still have their factory Hogue grips, although the 2" lost its finger bump.

I think the 3" would serve you just fine... good luck.

123ppqu.jpg

34qw7tf.jpg

Model12Win

I like the LCRx (pronounced lick-ricks) alot.

I'd imagine it would be more accurate with the longer sight radius and better sights in general vs. the standard LCR. It also will give a bit more power. .357 magnum is a waste in such short barrels and has severe recoil and blast, .38 special is the way to go. The SP101s are fine revolvers, but are heavy for all day CCW. My Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special is lighter than a .357 SP101, and has a more powerful .44 cartridge to boot with less blast.

OP: I think the LCRx w/ 3" bbl would be EXCELLENT for you. Just superbly versatile, and should carry extremely well.

2afreedom

The LCR is a very lightweight gun with a great trigger pull. It's not gonna win a beauty contest, but you really can't go wrong with one.