SOG Armory AR15

blume357

I gave a friend my AK47 last year along with one of those chopped kits and a couple receiver blanks and what not... this past weekend he brought me the rifle he has traded for all that...

It is a standard AR15 from SOG Armory with I think a Bushmaster heavy 20" barrel and standard stock.

What's the word on SOG Armory upper and lowers?

The rifle came with a standard carry handle and rear sight and a detachable front sight... I took them off and put this Bushnell scope on just to see how it shoots.

Oh, the barrel looks more parkerized than blue and has stamped on it: BMP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR

DSCN9994.jpg

Last edited:

ranger dave

sog

if it shoots good keep it . heres the thing about ar's there are only a few co. making lowers but a ton of co stamping there name on ar's the ar is a strange beat its a collection of parts made buy a a few co. very few co. make all the parts in there ar's . lewis machine and tool makes lower parts for colt and fn . so the best advice i can give you is shoot it . if it shoot well and you got it for a good price evjoy:D:D

blume357

As for the price...

Even though technically I gave away a rifle and a bunch of parts, I feel like I got the rifle for free.

I ran about 30 rounds of full metal jacket through it last Thursday when my friend gave it to me... problem was we were shooting at jugs and buckets about 75 yards away and it was hard to see if I was hitting exactly where I was aiming... my friend was spraying and praying with his full auto rifles.

I did later put a few rounds at a bucket a little further back and when I went to clean up found 3 nice holes in it.

Had one fail to eject but the rifle was dry as a bone.

I'm really more interested in the barrel... wish I could remember my password for AR15.com.

NSO_w/_SIG

BMP stamped barrels are in fact Bushmaster, as far as SOG armory goes I don't have much experience with the company but they do not have a very good reputation with alot of people. There have been several threads over the years I have been on online gun forums where they were part of shady deals gone bad.

blume357

That's what I read from the one review I found via google...

but then it was more the service of the company and specifically the store in Texas and not so much the product....

then again, as far as i can tell the SOG part is just the lower on the rifle and maybe the upper receiver.... I'm hoping to get out to the hundred yard range later this afternoon.