Soft Ear Plugs-- Bully Snoring Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

bn12gg

New found use for soft ear plugs generally used at the range/club. I usually keep a handful of soft plugs for guest use inside ear muffs.

Turns out the wife has started to use them overnight to hold down the snoring of our 8 year old English Bulldog. The snoring was driving the wife crazy waking her during the night. The soft plugs saved the day, evening !

.02 David :)

Last edited:

HiBC

I have used them in hunting camp. Snoring can be epic, Not me,of course.

I've also used them as A) relief and B) subtle feedback for whatever "music" might be playing while I'm having a beer at the water hole. An afternoon death metal garage band trying to make up for being terrible by being loud can ruin a good beer. Especially if I have a burger ordered. Yes,I'll leave soon.

You get the vocals that sound like a professional wrestler doing a pre bout roid rant and the band sounds like a Volvo being fed to a tree chipper.

The plugs let me enjoy the burger before I leave.

They make an OK panfish bobber,too.

Doyle

I wish I could use them to silence the wife's snoring (I guarantee you that she would put your bulldog to shame - I've had English Bulldogs and they've got nothing on her in the snoring department). I'm afraid to because I worry about causing ear infection from having them plugged up for so many hours at a time.

Sharkbite

We have two French Bulldogs. The male cant sleep in the room with us because he snores so loud. Un-godly racket.

How do you get the dog to sit still while you insert the plugs in its nose?:D

Seriously, is there a concern about prolonged use of plugs all night, every night?

Pahoo

Addressing the root-cause

Turns out the wife has started to use them overnight to hold down the snoring of our 8 year old English Bulldog.
Oh yes, they do come in handy on many occasions. When we travel on vacation, we take at least two sets. Then there are times when the loud music and conversations, get too loud at bar & grills as well as sporting events. I have been diagnosed with having hyper-hearing. There are times when load noises, drive me, up the wall. :mad:
Seriously, is there a concern about prolonged use of plugs all night, every night?
Potentially there are and your ear cannels will let you know. You can get one heck of an earache, even with a soft-set. Just have to keep an eye on it ... :)

Now then, not to Hi-Jack this tread, if there is snoring, there is Sleep-Apnea, which presents a greater concern. I have been "Wed" to a C-pap for about nine years and fellas, they make a difference. ...... :)

Take Care and;
Be Safe !!!

Sharkbite

if there is snoring, there is Sleep-Apnea, which presents a greater concern. I have been "Wed" to a C-pap for about nine years and fellas, they make a difference

Well, heck. Now i gotta try to get the Frenchy to wear a C-pap???

Would one of the vented plugs be a better option for long use then a “foamy”?

Status
Not open for further replies.