SOB holster

StevenII

I just picked up a Glock 19 and am trying to find a good SOB holster. Does any have any good suggests and know of where I can purchase it from as well? I was leaning towards leather.

dairycreek

Galco and FIST both make good holsters. A word to the wise. SOB holsters can be very, very uncomfortable when sitting. A lot of folks stay away from them because of the possiblity of spinal injury should you fall on your back. FWIW Good shooting;)

eka

Just something to consider. I have never been a fan of the small of the back holster for one simple reason. If you would fall down for what ever reason and land on your back. Ice on a sidewalk, wet grass, whatever; you risk a spinal injury when you land on your pistol. Cops, in times past and maybe some present, would carry handcuffs in that position. They are trained now not to do this because of the risk of a spinal injury. There are other good options available without taking that chance.

Food for thought, take care.

Dairy Creek and I must have been typing at the same time, you beat me to the punch. Great minds think alike I guess. :p

Grayfox

Behind your back where you can't actually see is about the least secure place to carry. Not to mention that if your cover garment rides up to reveal your weapon, you may not even be aware of it.

2002gti

a glock may be a little thick to pack back there. my kahr pm9 rides easily there since its only .900 thick.

chameleon

I agree with Grey Fox, as to the reason not to carry SOB. The chances of you falling are small compared to a jacket riding up and over your SOB. The other reason is you can't protect your gun back there, you may have a situation that someone could pull the gun out easier than you.

With that said, I have a Galco SOB for my hammerless Smith & Wesson revolvers. When I use this mode of carry, I sometimes feel the gun flops around there way to much. It is somewhat uncomfortable to sit for long periods.

I like the concept, but reality set in after trying it out several if not many times.

It may work for you.