So you think a S&W 36 is small...

micromontenegro

Think again! :D

Sorry for the lousy, nighttime pic, but I just had to share this beautiful, tiny Pocket Positive that is staying with me for a while so I can fit a new bolt. I wonder what would happen if someone decided to make a modern version.

Howdy

Cute, ain't they? I picked up this little 32 Police Positive a couple of years ago. Even came with the box.

policepositive32inbox_zpscb9989ee.jpg

Here it is with a couple of its big brother 38 Police Positive Specials.

threepolicepositives_zps2a9c7480.jpg

James K

Member In Memoriam
An even smaller revolver was the original S&W Model M Ladysmith. It makes the J frames look huge.

Jim

Hunter Customs

002-10-14-2013.jpg

The 3 inch barrel model 36 in the picture has traveled a lot of miles with me, carried the way it's pictured and also on a belt rig.
I have another 3 inch model 36 that looks almost new, it's listed on my website.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

I wonder how it compares to the S&W Model 33, the 38 S&W five shot revolver?

My grandfather bought one in anticipation of shooting it out in his gangsta days. :rolleyes:

James K

Member In Memoriam
Well, the Model 33 was originally the Regulation Police, which was made on the old I frame and then, as the Model 33, on the improved I frame and J frame. Both I frame types were the same size as the J frame except shorter, so it would have not been significantly smaller than a J frame gun. The I frame was first used for .32, in six shots; with .38 in the same size cylinder it could hold only five shots.

Jim

Very nice Ladysmith, I'll bet it cost a pretty penny. One of these days I need to add one to my collection, but they are so desirable that they are very expensive. I will probably wind up with one not in such nice condition.

JohnMoses

Bill
That appears to be a Rossi 526, a adorable 7 shot 22 tiny revolver. I think the short barreled one in your picture was marketed as 'The Princess'. I just acquired a 3" version and like it a lot. It appears to be a modern copy of the original Ladysmith as it is da/sa with safety bar. This is all the information I have been able to find on this petite revolver. I've heard vague references that they were imported in the late 60's, but no actual dates or quantities of imports.

My mistake. I did not look closely enough to notice the Rossi name on it. An actual Ladysmith in that condition would be worth a great deal of money.

No, this one is not mine. But one of these days I will add one to my collection.

LadySmithInHandM_zpsc0bf4acb.jpg