So what's your shotguns PRIMARY use?

So what's your shotguns PRIMARY use?

• Self defense, home protection

Votes: 57 47.5%
  • hunting and sporting

Votes: 63 52.5%

• Total voters

maas

Just wanted to see what the majority used their shotguns for. If you have multiple shotguns, either your favorite or one most used.

KD5NRH

Going boom and flinging lots of things out the muzzle really fast. How this use is applied depends on the situation.

cavediver27

Primarily for home defense. I do have several and use them for both hunting and home defense. However, I only hunt a few weeks a year but home defense is 24/7.

PJR

I guess it depends on how you define "primary."

My shotguns are used most often for clay target shooting with upland and waterfowl next in line.

The most IMPORTANT use however is "predator control." ;)

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Hard call. I shoot a lot for fun, but 2 of my 870s are for HD/CD. Since all are 870s, fun with one is practice with the other...

Doubletaptap

My Primary smoothie is my old Mossberg 500ATP. A true 8 shot, 12ga. 20" Riot Shotgun and it's home defense! I like the original Mossberg Wood buttstock,instead of the pistol grip.

Second is a older Winchester 1300 Field model. 28" pump 12ga. Vent rib and the works!! Just bought it used,like new!!
Soon as I can I plan on taking it trap and skeet shooting for my very first time at it!!
And of course,squirrels and Rabbits in the freezer! Game birds!! Who knows!!
Enjoy

dad23honu

My Mossberg 500 is for home defense, all the way. It has the Knoxx SpecOps adjustable, recoil reducing stock. And the 6 round box mag conversion with two 6 round mags, all loaded up and ready to rock and roll.

Big Mac

I'm not much of a hunter but I was given a hunting shotgun from me mum, so I keep it around. Actually it's a Benelli Nova and the action on it is smooth like a pound of butter I might go skeet shooting or maybe dove or turkey hunting. But my guns are mainly for self/national defense and my training in them is mostly limited to the combative aspects of gunplay.

Though I'm not ragging on hunting, mind you. It and its guns just don't appeal to me.

hossdaniels

i' ve got 3 1/4 for sporting. 3/4 for hd.
the 2 1100's, citori, and 870 for turkey season only. the rest of the year the 870 is under the bed.

My Mossy 590A1 is my all-arounder. I use it to shoot clays, old TVs, stuffed animals, and just about anything else that can be termed as "messing around in the yard" stuff. Hopefully it will never be used in self defense, but that is an option as well.

Oregongundude

you should have a selection "all above"

I use my shotgun for home protection and hunting and sporting. It can do it all for my purposes.

:)