So what does 36 magazines and 1,400 round of .308 ammunition look like, you ask?

rjinga

It looks something like this:
Hprjqzz.jpg

12 loaded 20-round G3 magazines (in 4-pocket bandoliers) in each 50 cal. box. 12 20-round boxes of ammo in each 30 cal. box. One 200 round battle bag (10 20-round boxes).

rjinga

cecILL said:
Uh, I don't see any magazines or any ammunition.

Ok, just in case he isn't joking...

ERkL710.jpg

I am asking you to believe me that the bulges in the pouches are actually G3 magazines, and that the magazines are actually loaded with 20 rounds each.

swYu9nj.jpg

viwPvz9.jpg

And, I'm asking you to believe me that there are actually 12 boxes in each 30 cal. can, and that each box has 20 rounds in it.

armoredman

I'll believe you, because I have no reason not to and have no way to prove you aren't telling the truth. I also like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. :) Kidding - looks very cool, that is a nice stash, sir, nice stash indeed.

rickyrick

I bought a FAL a few years ago and the guy threw in 6 .50 cal cans packed full of bulk .308, several .30cal cans of surplus 7.62 NATO, and finally a couple of cans with loaded mags.
This is nothing compared to the amount of .223/5.56 and 9mm
I'm not really sure how much ammunition I have, lost count in recent times but I keep adding to it.
I'm to the point that I'm gonna have to build extra storage space.

I'd much rather have more time to shoot it all than space to store it.

stephen426

I have a whole bunch of AR-15 mags and quite a bit of .223/5.56 ammo. It probably have about 6 loaded mags in my rifle case. I think it would be bad to load all of the mags due to spring fatigue. I don't shoot my ARs that much and who knows how long the rounds would be sitting in the mag. Besides, the ammo is way more compact in the box.

rjinga

It turned out my younger son had an empty 30 cal. ammo box, so he swapped me for a fat 50 cal. So now I have matching sets: one 30 cal. for each 50 cal.; 1, 440 rounds.

jxoSiDy.jpg

J298y7h.jpg

I had most of the cans in the tall filing cabinet, but I moved all of them to the smaller cabinet since it's lockable.

hdwhit

rjinga, where did you get the filing cabinet with the two big drawers and one little drawer?

Ooops, on closer inspection of the photograph, it appears to be one unit with the cabinet next to it. Still, I would like to know where you got it.

rjinga

hdwhit said:
rjinga, where did you get the filing cabinet with the two big drawers and one little drawer?

Ooops, on closer inspection of the photograph, it appears to be one unit with the cabinet next to it. Still, I would like to know where you got it.

I got it at a yard/estate sale; I've never seen one before or since. I even tried to find the company on the internet. When you open the big door on the right, there is a little safe (with the dial and everything) and an adjustable shelf below.

Ibmikey

Nice beginning, I try to have a minimum of 15,000 5.56 on hand, 30,000 .22LR, 2-3000 9mm, 2000 .45, 5000 .30-06 not counting all the other calibers such as 44-40, .45 Colt etc. One will have quite an investment in ammo cans !