So, NOW what happens? (Remington)

FITASC

Recent articles show Remington will be closing several plants and laying off workers due to their B/K situation. A lot of folks on gun boards have been slamming them for poor mgt, poor QA/QC, and on and on -I get that. But what about the ammo plants? I LOVE those Nitro Gold 12 gauge shells; they're some of the very best available. Does anyone know if that area is also in danger? Will the company be split up with bits and pieces possibly being bought by others? (I could see Henry buying the Marlin name).

Any ideas or thoughts?

natman

While Remington has certainly made some poor decisions (their marketing department couldn't sell a bucket of water to a man whose pants were on fire), the primary cause of their dire situation is financial shenanigans by their owner Cerberus (See post #6 here for details).

AFAIK, the ammo end of the business is part of Remington and will be part of the bankruptcy proceedings. Too soon to tell how that will turn out.

tlm225

I live just a few miles from the Remington Ammo plant at Lonoke. Last Wednesdays edition (Aug 5th) of our local paper reported that Remington is going on the auction block within the next month as a "going concern" meaning that it will transfer to the buyer with the ability to continue production for a minimum of one year. I suppose that's to allow them time to get their team in place and prepare for long term operations. As many are aware the Navajo nation was looking at purchasing Remington but have withdrawn the offer. The news article speculated that the Navajo nation felt they would be able to purchase Remington for less at auction. We'll see.