So Many AK-47 posts . . . Jeesh. Anyway . .

JeffLrrp

. . . if you had the choice, would you get either the Bulgarian SSR85 or the Vector Arms Classic Ak-47 w/ wood furniture (both on atlanticfirearms.com). And why?

I just want a dependable, reasonably accurate and reliable AK -- and these are a step or two above the Rom. WASR's that Ive heard some bad stuff about.

Those are the two Im looking at, plus 4-5 magazines and a 1000 round case of Wolf ammo. I'll probably buy it over the summer, before prices get too steep prior to the election :rolleyes::(

Thanks

wjkuleck

I have my AKs built here in NE Ohio by Glenn Riddle of Magnum Gunsmithing. He does marvelous work.

Regards,

Walt

KCB

Vector makes a top of the line rifle and the customer service is great. I purchased an AMD used that was a Vector. It had some issues and they rebuilt the entire rifle on a new receiver, and re-parkerized. You can't go wrong with Arsenal or Vector.

KCB

A Saiga is nice, but not I don't think they compare to an Arsenal or Vector. Different class.

BTR

I haven't fired either (like Arsenal Inc) but I've heard a new negative things about the new Bulgarian SSR85. Seems like some of the mag wells aren't cut out right. Comps are welded on; read someone had theirs fall off. No bayo lugs or threaded barrel. I would probably pick the vector, they do have a good reputation.

'Course, if you have a little more to spend you might want to get an Arsenal rifle.