so let's rank the snubs

porkskin

in pure ccw practicality. I suggest that the Smith J frame gets the nod, particularly the airweight Bodyguard/shrouded hammer model. I cannot find a reason not to carry it even with shorts and flip flops. Next I would put the Colt Cobra, the airweight Dick Special. Mine is a 3" heavy barrel, kind of weird I know-lightweight frame heavy barrel. This gun carries on the belt like an absolute dream. Others to mention, the SP101, N-frame snubs,
GP100 3"? I want to know what else you guys love in snub. Keep in mind, I consider fixed sights a -1... I wish I had a digital camera, but in any case I do love those pics

Ozzieman

Well,,,,,

Sorry but for me 38 just isnt enough.
Thats why I carry a Charterarms Bulldog in 44 SP. Since it has close power to a 45 acp it works for me.

porkskin

well Oz man's Charter he references is more than 2". A model 19 snub is 2 and 1/2 inches. I suppose you are right, technically-but RANK THE SNUBS friend. What say you?

garbageman

I have to say since I got my Ruger SS SP101 DAO w/ bobbed hammer, it is the only thing I carry out, loaded with with Rem LR 110 gr Hydra Shok. In a pocket or a Galco Speed Master.

Around the house I have a Rossi M68 I carry in a Fobus Paddle loaded with 148 gr HBWC.

k Squared

What About the Shrouded Hammer?

I've been looking at the bodyguard models and like the idea of the shrouded hammer to carry in a pocket. I've heard they collect dirt inside the shroud. Does anyone have experience in this area?

shurshot

I own a Charter arms Undercover, SW 36 Chief, and an older Colt Det. I have previously owned other snubs; SW's, Colts and Charter's, as well as Taurus, Rossi.
SW J is #1, pertaining to quality, durability, finish, etc. The Colt does have 6 shots, as oppossed to 5, and is just as good if not better than the SW, but it is bulkier.
That being said, I am just as apt to carry the Charter Arms, as it is under rated. Nope, can't hold a candle to SW or Colt in the durability dept, but it is a decent little gun.

Kreyzhorse

Smith and Wesson J-frame Airweight 637 is the perfect snub. Weight is good, easy to conceal wearing just about anything. Works OWB, IWB or pocket carry.

I also own Ruger SP 101. While it's a .357 and I like the extra power, it is a lot heavier and I feel its a distant second on my list.

joshua

I'm 5'7" and weight about 165 soaking wet. The S&W 66 round butt is just right for me if I use a high hip holster. I highly suggest the Pachmyr gripper grips to get the most in concealability.
attachment.php

josh

RJM

Those Colt detectives are cool if you can find one.

I would pick the Smith and Wesson model 640 for currently produced ones. No hammer, stainless steel and it can handle .357 mags all day long. It also has the round butt so you can actually get a good full grip on it. Trigger pull is smooth like a revolver should be.

I got a model 60 with an exposed hammer which I can fire .357 all day long without getting tired or sore. I think the weight difference between the stainless steel and the lightweight aluminum/scandium wonderum metals really help control the recoil, and I want 5 powerful shots from a snubby.

Desert01

I'm quite fond of my Colt Agent:

bf35.jpg

although my Dan Wesson has a few things going for it, it needs a good belt holster:

a45d.jpg

riddleofsteel

Best balance of what I can stand to carry everyday and what I can hit with. Plus the lightest revolver I can pour full power 125 grain .357 SJHP's thru with confidence.
I use a Murph's modified pancake holster or a Galco speed paddle depending on my dress or mood.

WEIGANDSP101.JPG

porkskin

yo KSquared

the bodyguard is the very best j frame. period. my has been pocket carried exclusively in an Uncle Mike's cheapo pocket holster and any lint accumulated can be blown out with a burst of compressed air. I personally like being able to cock single action if I wanted to (practice only of course). I am thinking about buying the aftermarket shroud for my Colt Cobra.