So I was at my local FFL and someone came in to sell his collection

Viper99

Unfired 27-2, 29-2, Belgium Browning high power, S&W 4506, 5906. A 29-2 engraved by a master engraver from S&W with a letter of authensity on S&W letter head from the master engraver himself and me without enough money.

I will spend my father day dreaming. lol

Viper99

They don't leven know the prices yet. My FFL is still working out the prices because everything will go on consigment. 23 handguns, 4 rifles. I will make sure to drop by tomorrow.

Cheapshooter

Sounds like a good, reputable FFL. Just seen too many that would have offered about 1/2 or less of what they are worth, and told the owner how "not worth very much" they were.

DavidAGO

I have been at my LGS twice when someone comes in to see about getting rid of a deceased relative's firearms, both cases it was just a few guns with no real collector value. the owner of the store has both times told them about what they would bring if they sold them retail, then told them what he would give. Obviously there is a pretty good difference.

In both cases they have asked if he can give more, he has told them no, but he can give them cash on the spot right now. both times they have done the deal. He is honest and upfront with them. both times I have walked out a little later with a firearm I wanted at about $75 over what he just paid for it.

David

Viper99

Oh the seller is not even doing that. He is putting everything on consignment. He is going to the FFL today so they can go over prices. If I remember correctly, 23 handguns and 4 rifles.

I probably can't affort any of it but if anyone is interested in unfired 27-2 or 29-2 let me know and I will give you the contact info.

Viper99

Frankly,
I will find out what they want and ask my buddy to send me pictures of the engraved 29-2, 29-2 blue and 27-2 blue along with the prices and forward it to you.

But these guys also have buyers they know that normally get first crack at anything that is high quality first. I will know more tomorrow.

James K

Member In Memoriam
One thing to remember about modern guns - the dealer buys wholesale. There is no way he is going to pay more for a used gun than for a brand new one, yet folks say, "I saw one for sale for $800, so give me $700 for mine, and you can make money." Sure, but the dealer can buy the same gun for $500, brand new.

Jim

Viper99

Jim, I was there today to see the guns and they were still not out. They are going on consignment and the dealer takes 20% of the total sale.