So I tried to get my Taurus to malfunction.

Jake Balam

But I just couldn't do it.

500 rds, no cleaning, and today I shot it in the freezing snow.

I can now officially call it my carry gun :)

Its a Taurus 24/7 pro compact in .45acp

I've taken it shooting the past month (once weekly for a few hours) and didn't clean it to try to see if I could get any failures.

Ran blazer, federal, and wally world winchester through it. Not a single ftf

JCP281

The first Taurus auto I had ever seen being shot was at my CHL class. The guy had a failure on almost every round of shooting, since then it has tainted my mind lol. I really want to get a PT1911 though. I have heard nothing but good things.

Glad yours is working good!

PT-92

Likewise, I have had great performance from my 24/7 OSS Tactical. It's a great model and seems to match the reliability of my PT-92.

-Cheers

4runnerman

I really want to get a PT1911 though. I have heard nothing but good things

Thats what i have JCP- The old Taurus's were not to good,but the new ones rock. Take a chance,you won't be dissapointed. 4000 plus rounds already.

rtroycheck86

+1 on the PT1911's I own 2 both with the alloy frame 1 with rail 1 without...had a little trouble with holsters for the rail gun..hence the reason for the non rail gun...I am beyond pleased with the performance of both and both will go bang with whatever you feed down the pipe...wife carries a mil-pro 40sw also an excellent gun...I just wish they would offer the pt1911 in 10mm :(

Mosin44az

Well, glad you got a good one. My PT1911 broke its hammer and thumb safety in the first 300 rounds.

Has Taurus improved its metal work in the last couple of years? Has there been documentation of this? If not, just realize Taurus is a crapshoot and you came out OK.

My PT 99 has been fine, no problems except one FTF early on. But that series has always been considered one of the best models, using Beretta design and tooling like that helps.

My 24/7s were both OK. Not perfect, but seemed well built and I could find defense loads that worked for both of them.

rtroycheck86

Im not sure if they changed the metal work or not I have put close to 2000 rds through each one so far without any issues...the only problem I had was the rail being odd shaped / bigger than mos other rails and couldnt find a holster to fit it properly...Im waiting on the my SA Range Officer to come in I cant wait to do a side by side comparison

Im not sure if they changed the metal work or not I have put close to 2000 rds through each one so far without any issues...the only problem I had was the rail being odd shaped / bigger than mos other rails and couldnt find a holster to fit it properly...Im waiting on the my SA Range Officer to come in I cant wait to do a side by side comparison

Don't hold your breath with that one, the RO is 2 teirs ahead. I like the 24/7, it has some real potential as a good gun for new owners. My only thing with it is the thickness and the ergonomics (perhapes the trigger too). I really like the price point and safety features though. My grandparents have bought this 24/7OSS as their first gun.:)