...so I bought a CZ

STAGE 2

As I'm sitting here writing this I'm laughing to myself cause just about every intelligent thing that I have done, or something that has worked out really well has followed this same pattern. I'm sure there are a bunch of you that can relate. You start out with an idea of what you want.... spend time looking into it... find it, be totally set on it, and then get something completely different.

That is exactly what i did. This was going to be my first semi so I was looking for something very versatile. Caliber was not a concern since I was going to opt for the best... a .45 of course. I had a couple things in mind, but the final three came down to a milspec springfield, a kz-45 and a sig 220. I mulled it over and while I could afford any one of the three, I decided Id rather shoot my gun alot rather then look at it on the shelf. That ruled out the KZ. I also wanted something that was stone cold reliable, and since that is specifically Sig's department, I thought I had a winner.

The only thing that I didnt like about the Sig was its aluminum frame and its weight, or lack there of. I figured that getting the stainless version would solve that, but the p220ss is 800 plus change were i am.

To make a long story short, during this whole process.. everytime I would go into the local shop looking for my new gun.. I would always stop and look at this really nice satin nickle CZ that was in the case. It was all steel and heavy, but nicely balanced. It had similar ergonomics to a 1911 which i like. The trigger wasnt plastic and had a nice pull, and it really fit my hand well. I picked it up for the first time last week and after toying with it for a only a minute or too I said screw it and told the guy I'd take it. For 400 bucks it was a steal in my mind. The only downside was the caliber. Even though I wanted a 45 I figured that since I do have access to a whole bunch already I could always quell the bug when it bites. Plus 9 is cheaper, which is good since im a starving student. So in 9 more days (uh huh.. kalifornia) I'll be the happy owner of a shiny new satin nickle CZ-75B

doublesforme

STAGE 2, You will not regret your decision. I bought mine about a month ago and just love it. It doesn't matter what you feed it, keeps right on running. Have not had one malfunction. Also very accurate, and fun to shoot.

jamestech

Congrats, I just bought a CZ 75BD myself , I cannot wait until Sat and Sun to shoot it.

9 days? Is that 5 working days with a weekend on each side or what?

I am fortunate I guess cause when I go gun shopping I get my guns that day. But I am unfortunate because the frickin range is only open on weekends right now. :(

STAGE 2

agtman, I'd still really love to get a bren, but most of the ones that I have seen are not the model that I want. I was going to go teh route of getting a lower and building the rest myself, but again I wanted a gun to shoot and not one that would sit around half assembled. But worry not... I do have plans for both a bren ten and a delta elite.

chaim

I absolutely love my CZ. I think you'll be very happy. Only thing though, we must stop letting everyone know how good these guns are- prices for CZs here are already creeping up and before long they'll be asking what they are worth.

railroader

Stage 2, just curious, how did you get a nickle cz when it isn't on the DOJ safety list? The only thing listed is black. I'd say you scored. Model Gun Type Barrel Length Caliber Exp Date
83 (Glossy Blue) / Steel Pistol 3.81" .380 06/10/2003
CZ 75 D (Black) / Alloy Pistol 3.87" 9 mm 12/31/2002
CZ 75 Compact (Black) / Steel Pistol 3.94" 9 mm 12/31/2002
75 BD (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.687" 9 mm 03/05/2003
75 SA (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.692" .40 S&W 05/13/2003
40 B (Black) / Steel, Alloy Pistol 4.7" .40 S&W 05/01/2003
CZ 75 B (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.72" 9 mm 12/31/2002
CZ 75 B SA (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.72" 9 mm 12/31/2002
CZ 75B (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.72" .40 S&W 12/31/2002
CZ 97 B (Black) / Steel Pistol 4.84" .45 ACP 12/31/2002
Mark

satxman

stage 2,

Sounds familiar. I have been debating a Sig. 220 or HK USP 45f and have settled on a CZ 97B. I wanted a target/range weapon and hope to do some competitive shooting. Budget was a big concern as my better half doesn't get this "gun" thing. Come end of month I am off to do some serious shopping.

I hope your will be satifyied with your selection and I will be joining the CZ club shortly.
:D

STAGE 2

railroader, I'm not quite sure how it worked out, but it was just sitting in the case. I picked it cause it looks really unique and supposedly is their best wearing finish.

contender4040

uh oh

Lets see----you start with a 9mm, works great but then decide you need something smaller for carry so a cz83 is next.
Naturally you are happy with that one as well so life is good until you get your hands on a cz75pcr------super carry gun but you can't get rid of the 83 because it is so accurate and reliable.
Confusion sets in as what to do for a carry gun so while you are making up your mind, a cz kadet comes into the picture as a "natural" plinker and you are amazed by the accuracy of it so much that you temporially forget about your troubles.
Then you start reading all of these good reports about the cz97 and you start justifing a 45 purchase-----and on and on and on......................................
I know, I'm there.

SpeedRacer2OO2

CZ Finish and the DOJ

Railroader,

----------------------

Stage 2, just curious, how did you get a nickle cz when it isn't on the DOJ safety list? The only thing listed is black. I'd say you scored.
----------------------

The finish is not a limiting factor on the DOJ list. My understanding is that this informatio is suppllied by the manufacturer. That the DOJ includes this information in the list has caused a lot of confusion for gun buyers and even quite a few dealers who mistakenly believed that guns coud not be purchased/ordered in an unlisted finish. When gun makers started to realize that the DOJ was listing the guns by finish many of them stopped supplying that information. If you look up the list and look under Smith and Wesson, you will see that none of the guns are listed by finish, only by the metal/material used in their construction.

I just bought an incredible looking dual tone CZ compact in May, and that finish isn't listed either. If your dealer tells you that the guns can't be ordered because the finish isn't on the list, have them look at the S&W listings, or go someplace that understands the rules better.

Speed Racer