So, how'd I do at the gun show?

hawken50

went to a local gun show today. left my well used Astra A-75 in .40 (that i paid $225 for), 4 mags and $70 and came home with a new Taurus PT111 in 9mm and a very nice sholder rig (that had a $50 price tag) for my blackhawk. i've been carrying the astra less and less lately and i decided it was time for something lighter. so how'd i do?

johndavid400

I personally have never found any incredible deals at a gun show, especially on NEW guns. In fact, I went about a year ago to buy a Bersa .380, thinking I might be able to get one for $185 or so since 3 different places sell the gun for $199 all day long in either the duo-tone or all blue (w/ rubber wraparound grips).
But I got there and everyone that had them wanted at least $240!!!! and I had to pay $5 just to get in! My bad luck I guess.

Anyways, back to your question... In B'ham, the Taurus PT-111 sells for around
$330 NIB. So if you only paid $225 for your Astra and only had to pay $70 extra, you probably got out for aroun $30 cheaper than you would have otherwise. So yah, thats a pretty good deal.

I have the Taurus Millenium PT-132 in .32acp and it shoots very well. Has a light DAO trigger (maybe 7lbs or so) which is not nearly as bad as the Taurus 24/7 (UGH! :barf: ). In fact, I kind of like the trigger for self defense purposes (and I typically only shoot SA with, at most, a 5lb pull).

yorec

Uh, you gave up your Astra A-75... You got screwed, glued, and "loser" tattooed on your forehead.

(Seriously - if you're happy with your Taurus, you did fine. If not - see above.)

Old Shooter

I've always done pretty well at gun shows, buying, selling, trading. Trick is to know your prices before buying.

On the surface, your trade sounds pretty good and probably one that I would have made if I were in your place.