So here's what I've got... Input?

jgcoastie

Many thanks to those who guided me in my purchases... Here's what I finally deceided on and bought... If you notice anything I overlooked, let me know...

Lee Classic Turret Press
.40S&W/10mm Deluxe Pistol Die Set
.30/06 Spfd Deluxe Rifle Die Set
Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure
Safety Prime System (Large & Small)
Auto Disk Riser
Decapping Die
.40S&W/10mm & .30/06 Spfd Shellholders (I didn't notice until after the fact that the die sets came with them... Oh well)
MTM Mini Digital Powder Scale
Lyman Power Chamfer & Deburring Kit
Lee Zip Trim
Lee Case Trimmer Cutter w/ Ball Grip
Lee Case Trimmer Cutter & Lockstud
Lee Case Length Gauge & Shellholder (For: .40S&W, 10mm, and 30/06 Spfd)
Lee Primer Pocket Cleaner
Frankford Arsenal Impact Bullet Puller
Frankford Arsenal Electronic Caliper
Shooting Chrony F1 Chronograph
MTM Ammo Boxes
Flitz Brass Case Polish

I've got to run into town tomorrow and pick up a Hornady M-2 Tumbler, media, powder and primers. All the other stuff came in today... Of all days to come, it gets here on one of my duty days... Oh well, I'll put it all on the bench tomorrow, I'll try and have some pics posted next week... Maybe results of my first batch as well...:D:D:D

dsv424

JG,
It looks like you got about the same items I got other than different die sets for your calibers. I did notice a couple of things you may want to get eventually. First if you haven't got it already a Lee double disc set for the rifle you'll be reloading. Also a Lee adjustable charge bar(makes it a lot easier to set up the throws you'll be adjusting for). One other thing some sizing lubricant for your rifle cases. Hope this helps and have a ball reloading I know I am!

mkl

Remember to re-zero your MTM scale every few minutes after you turn it on. Mine wanders more than I would like.

Personally, I'd add a decent balance beam scale to your "want" list. Also, I would stay away from the Lee brand on this one.

I find the MTM scale very handy for comparative weights such as sorting cases or quick readings on cast bullets.

For weighing powder charges, I always use a balance beam (gravity is usually constant [balance beam]; battery voltage/temperature [electronc] is not).

rwilson452

Your more than likely going to need a different powder measure for the 30-06. I would suggest the lee perfect powder measure and a universal charging die. either that or hand charge with a funnel and dipper. I think your going to find out the only cases you will need to trim are bottle necked cases.

Ah, forgot. Loading blocks.

two 70

If you haven't already decided otherwise I'd suggest Hornady One Shot for a case lube. It works better for me than anything else I've tried and is fast and clean. Just remember to apply a little inside your new dies before using them the first time.

jgcoastie

Thanks for the tips guys, will pick up a 'real' scale today, Mack's should have one... I forgot to mention the loading blocks... I drilled some holes through a piece of 1x6 and glued a piece of a thin old cutting board to the bottom... Turned out three 10" loading blocks using it... That should be enough considering I'll probably never reload enough at one time to fill them all... Will pick up case lube for the rifle cases... Thanks again guys.

mkl

Reread you post and see you are going to be using Flitz metal polish.

Great choice; I've used it for years in my media (50/50 walnut/corncob) with excellent results.

If you are using the paste type (the best), here's a tip:

If you just dump in a tablespoon or so into your media, it will tend to ball up with the vibration and not distribute evenly throughout the media.

Take a two-cup measuring cup and dump in one cup of your raw media. Add one tablespoon of Flitz paste. Take a teaspoon and mash the Flitz into the media until it is totally blended, and you can see no more balls of the media/paste.

Then dump the pre-blended Flitz/media into the rest of the media in your tumbler.

This premixing will prevent the balling and give much better results.

It is a little more work than using a pure liquid polish, but the anti-tarnish additive in the Flitz paste makes it worth the effort. I've tried many additives (including NuFinish) and the Flitz paste works the best by far.

Hope this helps.