So anyone got the TC Dimension?

Husqvarna

So anyone got the TC Dimension?

Very spaceage-looking but I am intrigued due to the barrel change (that doesn't seems as quick as others on the market thou) can it really keep zero with such a big operation to swap barrels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-chv77pAt0

low bolt travel which is nice

But keeping the same scope for different calibre doesn't seem that great, two calibres for me would be two different scopes/areas of use

Cowboy_mo

I side with Reynolds on this one. The concept is way over priced.

Plus, I have a T/C Venture that I love to shoot but am sick the ridiculous recalls. I sent it in a year ago on a recall and have talked to them 2x about sending me a mailing label for this recall. To date I haven't received the label.

Tom68

When the Dimension was introduced I was among those who predicted a dim future for the rifle. In The United States we aren't limited to the number of firearms the way they are in Europe, making switch-barrel guns much less appealing. Also... We are for the most part traditionalists regarding the appearance of our firearms and will frequently sacrifice functionality in favor of styling (how often does a anyone hunt with a ridiculous looking bench rest rifle in spite of superior accuracy?)

I also have the Venture, and have been very impressed with its performance but also am troubled by the recalls. I sent it back for the first one and was more or less satisfied with the service (downloadable mailing label, 2 wks turnaround) but I've been deployed since the last recall was issued so obviously I have yet to comply...but have noted several complaints that the service involved definitely does not match that which I experienced in 2012. The recalls have attenuated my vocal support for T/C rifles.

That said, I don't know a soul who owns a Dimension and have read precious few first hand reports. I don't see it lasting much longer.... Just an experiment that doesn't fly in the USA. They oughtta take the engineering effort of the dimension and apply that to the venture and figure out how to prevent the need for further recalls.

Husqvarna

so maybe it will survive on the european market, which is facing the probability of even stricter laws:mad:

but right know it lacks interesting calibres for me.

steveNChunter

The Dimension is a good idea in theory, but it's not practical at all. As stated earlier, you can almost buy a Venture for the cost of one of the barrels. Also you will constantly be adjusting your scope every time you switch barrels or putting quick detach rings on and swapping scopes with barrels, which would be another added cost.

The Encore is a better switch-barrel rifle IMO because you don't have to worry about buying extra bolts or magazines. And the barrels are cheaper for the most part.

As far as accuracy, they have the same sub-MOA guarantee that the Venture and Icon have so I assume they are pretty accurate.

I personally think they have the bugs worked out of the Icon/Venture by now. You'd be better off just to save up what you would spend on the Dimension and all those extra barrels and parts, and just buy up a bunch of Ventures the next time Academy or somebody has a big sale on them.

reynolds357

For a switch barrel rifle to appeal to me, the scope would have to stay with the receiver. I saw someone shooting one several years ago that was set up that way. I believe it was a Sig. I remember asking him about it and he said it worked great. Had the scope setting written down in the box for every barrel.
The way TC is doing it will not lead to stellar sales numbers in the USA.

PVL

My favorite switch-barrel rifle is the Mauser 03.

The TC Dimension is just too butt-ugly to consider, that stock is a very poor joke, and there is no alternative to it.

The Mauser is as beautiful as the Dimension is tacky. If I could only have one rifle, it would be the Mauser 03 for sure.

http://www.mauser.com/M-03-Basic.142.0.html?&L=1

Yes it is pricey - but you definitely get your money's worth in this case.

Any money spent on a Dimension on the other hand would be an extravagant waste, as it would be too embarrassing to take it anywhere where you might be seen with the thing.

steveNChunter

The best "switch barrel" bolt action IMO is a Savage.

A wrench, vise, and headspace gauge and you're good to go. No gunsmith needed. Any other rifle that has the "barrel nut" design would have the same process.

I love the Mauser 03 as well but I'll never be able to afford one.

skoal3

I got a dimension back in May, maybe June, something like that. I think its a great rifle. Nothing special, not something everyone needs, not something I need, but I wanted one so I got one. I agree it is kind of ugly and that's one of the reasons I like it, I like to be a little different than everyone else. I had plans of getting it in 7mm RM and a .204 Ruger or 22-250 barrel to go along with it. I already have a 7mm WSM so instead I split the difference and got a 7mm08. I also wanted the scope to stay on the receiver when you changed barrels but I got a scope with a 52mm objective so I don't have enough clearance to get the barrel nut off with it on there. Some taller mounts would fix that but the mediums that are on it now are tall enough already. To be honest I've kind of lost interest in the whole switch barrel thing and I doubt I will ever do it now but I don't regret the purchase one bit, I got what I wanted out of it, a nice, accurate rifle that not everyone else has sitting in their safe. The only thing I don't like about it and find a little strange is it will not shoot Hornady factory ammo. Don't ask me why because I have no idea but after probably 300 rounds through the rifle of every kind of ammo I can get my hands on, I've had a dozen or so misfires, all Hornady, two different kinds. Not sure what all that means but that's my $.02.

Last edited:

TMW89

I see a lot of guys in the coyote hunting videos make some incredible shots with TC's.
Just sayin