Snicker

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
The District of Columbia's NBA franchise is The Washington Bullets.

Well, it seems that the team's owners are unhappy about the name, which associates them with violent crime, so they're changing it...
...to just "The Bullets."

(rimshot)

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Coinneach:

I respectfully beg to differ; the name of the team in question is the Washington Wizards. See www.nba.com/wizards/ .

You are correct as to the PC reason for the name change.

No doubt the Detroit Pistons will be renamed so as not to promote 'global warming' should the algore2000 become President in some way.

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Mea culpa. Heard the joke from someone at the rally last night, and I don't know (or care) enough about basketball to have caught the error. :)

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Mal H

Staff
You're forgiven. But the name has been the Wizards for several years. We now have one Michael Jordan (I trust you've heard of him) as the main man and he is really making some changes. A real "hands on" guy.