Sneaky Pete Holsters - Review

allenomics

I'd been on the lookout for an outside-the-waist holster for my Ruger LC9, for more than a year. I wanted something attractive and durable.

I bought a Sneaky Pete holster. It is 100% soft leather, with a separate and attractive leather lining.

It is a bit big. It looks like it can hold a small tablet computer. While it's not as small as I would like, it is as small as it can be to carry the gun.

The top flap is help snug to the side of the holster with two embedded magnets. The top flap will not open without intentionally pulling on it. If you open the flap to grab your gun, the trigger is tucked inside the holster and impossible to accidentally pull.

I bought the clip on type, but it also come with a belt option.

I rate it 4.5 starts out of 5. I do wish the holster did not include any visible logos or lettering. The outside of the holster says SP.

The holster costs about $50, shipped very quick and was well packaged, with no drama.

rayban

I have a friend who wears one all the time.....while his gun is smaller than a LC9, it's still a big package. He says he gets asked all the time what's inside, as it's clearly much bigger than a cell phone pouch.....
Hope yours works out for ya.

Attachments

• Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 138

Sixer

I've never actually seen a pic of someone wearing one. It's definitely on the "bigger" side. I think it has a place in concealed carry... maybe when business attire is required. While it's better than a fanny pack... not sure if it's something I would use for EDC. Just my .02

dahermit

He says he gets asked all the time what's inside, as it's clearly much bigger than a cell phone pouch.....
I heartily agree.

While it keeps the gun "concealed", a reasonably smart person would know that it contained a gun inasmuch as it is too big to be holding a cell phone or any other instrument that would normally be carried with casual clothing, not work clothing with some work-related metering device. In short, it is too big and would attract un-wanted attention. Just my opinion though...if you want to carry a Geiger-counter case, go right ahead.

rightside

I had one for awhile. It is top quality and nicely made. Too nice! I sent it back because it looked out of place with my every day clothes and did attract attention. SG has a canvas/nylon one that is similar in design. I'm considering it because it looks more at home on my jeans and t-shirt.

SgtLumpy

it is too big to be holding a cell phone or any other instrument that would normally be carried with casual clothing

iPad.
TENS medical device.
Man purse.
I could think of dozens of non-gun things that would fit in there.

I don't need something like that but I don't think anyone would think it carried a gun, unless they recognized that little logo on the cover flap. In that case, the person doing the recognizing is surely a CCW as well. But Joe Blow in the grocery store, no how "reasonably smart" they might be, would never make the assumption. Nor do I think it would "attract un-wanted attention". It's another leather looking belt case for gizmos, like everyone carries.

Sgt Lumpy

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I agree with that. The average joe on the street isn't thinking "gun" unless they see a gun. There's a really good chance that they won't see a gun that right there in the open. They're certainly not going to guess "gun" because someone is carrying a larger than normal case.

On the other hand, personal preference, that thing is ugly as dirt. I wouldn't use it.

twobit

I have one that fits my Walther PPK. No one has ever asked me what it was for. Mine has the belt clips. A friend has one with the belt slots. Both of us are happy with them. Belt clip vs. belt slots are a toss up. Good for hot weather where wearing an outer shirt or coat is too hot. I don't wear it all the time because I don't carry the PPK all the time. I have several handguns that I carry depending on the occasion. Some bigger than a PPK, some smaller.

I see now, on their site, they offer ones for small revolvers. They were originally only made for semi-autos.

Grant D

Don't like the case, it's to big to carry a LC9. I use a crossbreed minituk for mine.
But I am interested in the suspenders in that pic. Any idea where he got them??