snagged a ruger sp101 in .22 today.

eastbank

i picked up this high gloss stainless steel ruger sp101 four inch barreled full lug .22 today. in like new condition, price 275.00 serial number 572-85709. a happy day,eastbank.

Last edited:

Amin Parker

Wow, congratulations. That is one fine handgun. Wish i could get one actually, it should give you years and years of pleasure

KevininPa

Wow, that's cheap.

Those usually go for much higher since they've been discontinued for years. I don't know what part of PA you're from, but I know that firearm prices in the Lehigh Valley are getting pretty high.

EricReynolds

Nice! I got a .32 mag 4" not long ago. I have Hogue grips on it, not that the factory ones aren't comfortable enough, but I have long fingers and it made it fit in my hand just a little easier. A .22 huh? Great for plinking all day for a few bucks!

richardcorey

The saying comes to mind about "every little dog's gonna have his day" and I think EASTBANK this was your day. Great buy on a great pistol, keep it forever and enjoy every day with it. Congrats.

22-rimfire

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it as much as you think you will. You got a good buy on it.

I wish Ruger would bring back a DA revolver in 22LR and 22WMR. As long as they are around the Taurus 94 price point, they should sell very well with Ruger's reputation.

I wish Ruger would bring back a DA revolver in 22LR and 22WMR. As long as they are around the Taurus 94 price point, they should sell very well with Ruger's reputation.

+1. I've never understood why Ruger didn't put out a competitor for S&W's K22. The Smiths have what can only be called a cult following that keeps even the used specimens prohibitively expensive. A Ruger equivalent would surely be a hit.

KR

22-rimfire

The easy call would be for either the SP-101 or GP-100 being made in 22LR with a 8 or 10-round cylinder. The 3" 22's seem to be getting a lot of interest of late. A 3" GP-100 in 22 would certainly cause me to be trying to whip out my wallet.

The problem I see with Ruger is that both revolvers are just too heavy to be a great 22 revolver. Ruger revolvers have always been a little chunky. I would have to really dig into it a bit from a weight standpoint but certainly the both existing models would likely be heavier in 22LR.

The better choice is to come out with an entirely new streamlined DA 22 revolver with good sights that would likely endure for many years.

I think the LCR would be a big hit in 22LR. Folks would buy them for protection even though they should go with a larger caliber and for carry in the woods as a kit gun.

Wuchak

Congrats! The .22 SP101 has been high on my want list for years. The 9mm too. I've never seen either for sale at a sane price or I would have them. At $275 you got it for about a 50% discount which makes it even sweeter.