Smith & Wesson's SW40VE and SW9VE

wolverine350

I had the privilage to shoot both of these semi auto's and both guns shot pretty well, I would have to say the 40 was the best shooter, i had better accuracy with the 40, as far as the triggers go the 9mm seemed to be pretty stiff, even after shooting seemed to get stiffer, the groups ranged a little bigger than the 40 as well. I was actually more comfy with the grip on the SWVE compared to the glock 23, accuracy seemed to just as good as the glock 23, as far as price, 329.00 for the Smith vs. 499.00 for the Glock 23, the Smith & Wesson is a very nice gun for a very good price, not knocking the Glock which is tried and true, as both guns being about the same as far as fit and function it would be hard for me to spend the 499.00 for the Glock.
A lifetime service policy is nice as well, no need to worry about paying a repair bill with the Smith, but as of yet i have not heard of anyone having any problems with either gun.
Not trying to start a poly war with Smith or Glock, to each his own preference, 9mm is less expensive to shoot, both are fairly large guns for concealment, but both are flat and can be hiden, but the weight is there, both are bout equal in that department. Any one care to share there experiances about the guns mentioned???:)

gdog

I bought two of the SW9VE's.They are the allied forces models made for the Afghanistan army and border patrol.They have a melonite coating and come with a nice flash light are knife.The triggers are really smooth but are not super light but better than a nice trigger job on a double action revolver.I switched my wife from a revolver to one of them and she thinks the trigger is really easy and would embarrass a lot of men shooting it.Very accurate,feed any thing,16 +1,light and easy to carry.Get one of the allied forces models if you buy,equal to the glock finish and it appears they put extra work into the fit and finish on the contract guns.First S&W firearm I have owned but very happy with them.

Ed:)

MDS

I've had the SW40VE for a couple of months. I don't think the trigger is all that bad, myself. It's light, accurate, and feild strips easily. Iv'e only put a couple of hundred rounds thru, but no problems. You can probaly put a trigger spring in. But I don't know what this will due for your warranty. I got mine new on sale for 268.00$ with the rebate and 3 mags.

MR.G

I currently have two of the SW9VE. I bought one a couple of years ago. Purchased the second one last month for about $300.00 with two sixteen round magazines and two more for free by mail from S&W. I have found them to be very reliable and durable guns. My son, and three of my friends have bought SW9VE pistols after trying mine. I will probably buy an Allied Forces model if I see one in a local shop.