Smith & Wesson Relocating to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChasHam, can you provide any input other than rewording the title of the link you provided? Otherwise, this is just a drive-by posting.

BarryLee

Sounds like the Headquarters and manufacture of semi-auto rifles/handguns is moving to Tennessee while revolver and some components will continue at the old place.

I wonder if Colt will decide to leave Connecticut. They have reportedly considered doing so before.

CZ recently acquired them, so there's a good chance they'll consolidate operations in Kansas.

FITASC

They are also closing some other operations and selling off the plastic injection molding business in CT (the part that did outside work for other companies) The molding section that did S&W stuff will be moving to TN.

ChasHam

ChasHam, can you provide any input other than rewording the title of the link you provided? Otherwise, this is just a drive-by posting.
Not really sure what your comment means-- what other input would you expect?

I provided a link to an NRA news story dated today that fully documents the short self-explanatory title. I strive for clarity, brevity, conciseness and focus in my posts. i think I achieved that :)

WyMark

It matches the definition of a drive-by post:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418983

What's the definition of a cut-n-paste post (another form of a drive-by)?

One that contains a link and no meaningful commentary on the link.
One that contains a sentence or two from an article (cut-n-pasted) and no commentary on the article. Entire articles are banned by TFL's copyright policy.
One that contains both a link and a sentence or two from an article, but has no commentary.

The above applies equally to individual posts within a thread, or to the starting post of a thread itself.

But since mods are replying to the thread and not closing it, it must be an Ok drive-by.

Lima Oscar 7

Fascinating——-not every leader in America is a coward. The ordnance hub has left the east coast of this country. I plan on buying an $&W based upon principle.

HiBC

IMO,it seems like sound business decisions by S+W.

No state hostile to the firearms industry should enjoy the jobs and revenue provided by a firearms manufacturer.

It seems like Magpul has recovered from leaving Colorado. Good for them!

I provided a link to an NRA news story dated today that fully documents the short self-explanatory title. I strive for clarity, brevity, conciseness and focus in my posts. i think I achieved that :)
Here's a primer. It's in the Forum Rules tab. It further explains why providing a link doesn't cut the mustard.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418983

Status
Not open for further replies.