Smith & Wesson Model 64 (no dash)

CajunBass

I picked this one up from a fellow on a local "for sale" board. A Model 64 (no dash), unfired, with the origianl box and cleaning tools. Unfortunatly it didn't have all the original paperwork, but it was too good to pass up. I've been told they only made the tapered barrel 64 for a few years (that does not mean "rare". They made a bunch of them I'm sure).

100_0416.jpg

100_0417.jpg

I keep telling myself, I'm not a fan of stainless guns, but this one ain't too bad.

sgms

You are correct in 1973 the tapered barrel was discontinued. However the M64 was introduced in 1970 the M64-1 came in 1972 so your being a no dash was made some time in the first 2 years, so maybe not rare but one darned nice revolver anyway you look at it.

aarondhgraham

I am severely envious,,,

Oh to heck with the correct speak,,,
I'm jealous as all heck! :eek:

I've been on the lookout for a tapered model 64 for years now,,,
I'll find one eventually so it's not all doom and gloom.

Nice find my friend.

Aarond

sgms

Mike 7.62 that would be the model 10. One of the best revolvers ever produced and may be one of the longest in production, started in 1957 with the Model 10 number but is even older than that as the M&P, and has some 14 marked changes (M10 -M-14) one fine revolver and INHO one every collection needs.
(Ya I do love S&W's as well as Colts.)

Sgt127

Not "rare". However, "scarce". I would love to add one to my collection. Passed one up a few years ago at a decent price, haven't seen another since. Oh well, the hunt is half the fun. Sort of...thats what I tell myself anyway. But, I don't really believe it either...

Super nice old classic Smith.

skoro

VERY nice pencil barrel M64. Wish mine was as pristine. Enjoy it. They're outstanding shooters, if you're so inclined.