Smith Wesson, How Long Does It Take?

Bullrock

I have a malfunctioning 586-7 that I called SW customer support on 3 1/2 weeks ago. The CSR took all the information and told me he would send me a FedEx Label so I could send the gun back for maintenance.

Am I chomping at the bit here, or does it really take this long to get a lousy return authorization from Smith???:mad:

PythonGuy

When I sent my guns into S&W I paid for the trip there and they sent it back, try calling again as suggested, or ask for their Fed-Ex number and get the box and papers yourself. They have a really busy shop and I was quoted 45 business days for return and they were right on schedule. This is one problem with being a large and sucessful company.

Titus

Definitely call them back. In my experience, after 3-1/2 weeks, you should have already had your gun back for a bit. Normally their service is lightning fast.

Sir William

4-6 weeks has been normal turnaround of late. The RA is needed for you to ship your revolver back to them. You should have had it in 3 days or less as it can be printed and even faxed. I had a similar experience last year. I finally connected with a CSR who wasn't braindead and my RA was quickly sent to me. I took it and the packaged revolver to my local mail center and it went right out. You need to keep calling and you may have to ask for a supervisor. I asked for our communication to be taped/documented. Sad state of affairs.

Flaman

I sent my 637 back to S&W for refinishing because the clearcoat was chipping off. It took 7 days from the day I sent it, and they did a beautiful job.

9mm1033

Wow, that is strange. I've had two different handguns shipped back to S&W for repair. One (M629) was back on my door step in four days. The other (M908) was 7 or 8 days. Someone screwed up taking your information.

shoots awe lots

At least Smith pays for shipping, Ruger ships it back to you after you pay to ship it there. My Alaskan bound up from day one they have had it since Oct.5 and last time I called them they were still evaulating it. With Smith I use one gunsmith and I call him directly and we discuss the problem.:mad:

Bullrock

I just got off the phone with SW. They told me the FedEx Label was sent to me 3 to 4 days ago. They are also sending a backup...I intend to become a squeaky wheel, cap...;)

Bullrock

Capt.

Funny thing. I told the Service Rep. that I had never had to call before on any Smith I'd owned. I really seemed to get his interest when I told him I had been getting advice on one of the major handgun forums about my problem...:eek: :eek: