Smith & Wesson 642 Airweight .22lr

Rangegod

22 lr. 642 Airweight? Never heard of one. I have a 22 lr. 317 Airlite, which I use as a understudy for my 342 & 642.

JAC

9mm

images

He means the snuby of 642/442 but in 22lr, which the model number is like 317, photo above is the 22lr snuby version of 642, which is 317. No, never seen a decent price for those critters. Run as much as $650, thats why I bought the S&W 617 for $720, all metal, not alum metal. I bought the LCR-22 for $380ish, I really like to get a 317 but that price tag....

Sir Loads-A-Lot

Wow, I know the new gun is really pricey..I was hoping to find a pre owned one. My wife saw one at a show quite some time ago and NOW wants one for her carry. If I can find one I am going to have a Murabito Saftey installed for her. I like the idea of a bobbed hammer with the saftey for her.

Sir Loads-A-Lot

By the war 9mm...I have a 617 6". I love the gun. I put a Burris red dot reflex on it for pins and steel shoots. It is one of the most accurate revolvers that I own.

4 Paws

For some reason these airweight 22's are hard to find. If you're lucky enough to find one, as mentioned above they command a hefty price. Looked at a 317 today, but it was a 3 inch with the hi vis front sight. Much prefer a 2 inch I can throw in the pocket for trail/woods hiking.

Motownstan

I got lucky and found this one, sans lock a few months ago for $400 from a private seller. The trigger isn't as nice as my 63 but, it sure fits the pocket nice.

IMG_0304sm_zpsb23ff92d.jpg

PBW60

Great little gun, crazy prices. You will not regret buying one if you can find a deal like motownstan got.

Sir Loads-A-Lot

I found a S&W 317 1 7/8" LadySmith .22lr NIB in an Alaska gunshop last week. I checked the serial # and it was made in 1998 with no key lock. I gave $625 for it and it is a beauty. Came with a leather presentation case and rosewood grips. The box label says it was a special order gun. Seemed a shame to shoot it but my wife soon put that idea to rest. She loves it and shoots it pretty well. I am going to put Crimson Trace laser grips on it. I would like to upload a picture but can't do it from my iPad.