Smith Wesson 3913

wvshooter

It's been four months since I bought my last gun. Since that time I've been thinking about what I would like to have next and six or seven different ones have been considered. The Smith Wesson 3913 has never entered my head at any time as a possible next purchase.

Last night I had a vivid dream that I was using a 3913 in a self defense situation and as it turns out I liked the gun very much. I've owned a 5906 and a 4046 for some time so I'm not new to classic Smith semi autos. I'm not kidding when I say this dream has probably turned me on to my next purchase.

There is one problem... As soon as my wife sees it she's going to want it.

Fortunately, the little S&W's are sometimes overlooked, and can be had for reasonable prices. I have seen several go for under $400 on gunbroker, and some of those were cherry. Think about it; you could buy "his" and "hers", extra mags, and some leather for under $1000 (or the price of one HK, SIG, or other "high buck" gun). I think they are the best deal out there, even better than a Makarov, dollar for dollar. The S&W 3913 is a more powerful gun than the Mak, and roughly the same size. My 3913 has been flawlessly reliable and very accurate.

Dan-O

Quite a few 3913's and 3953's available from the same seller right now on Gunsamerica, and they are right around $400.

I recently rediscovered my Kahr K9 and have been carrying that quite a bit lately, otherwise I'd be all over a 3913....or most likely a 3953.

KyJim

I have used my 3913 as my compact 9mm up until I bought my Kahr CM9. I carry it now (when not carrying a 1911) only because I can also carry it in most pants pockets.

The 3913 is a sweet little pistol.

SW_3913_RafterS_holster1.jpg