Smith Wesson 1006 or Glock 29

Smith 1006 or Glock 29

• Total voters

big_bang

They're both great pistols. The 1006 isn't made anymore, however, so I'd get that one first...and get the still-in-production Glock later if you're so inclined.

SatCong

I own one of each. The 1006 seems to be an indestructable "tank", the glock is much less massive.
I have put the 1006 on the "appreciating" list, which rules-out carry, but it still gets some range time. They're not making them anymore, ya know!
Being a fan of 10mm, I bought the 29 for carry. It's fun to shoot and as accurate as I.

SatCong

41mag10mm

I don't own either one but would love to find a S&W 1006. They are fairly hard to find at a good price because thier owners just won't let them go. ;)

This is not meant as a negative toward Glock. It's just that they are plentiful and can be had practically anytime you want one. If you find a good used 1006 you will have a little piece of S&W history and from what I've heard a really nice pistol. The 1006 is certainly on my most wanted list.

Webleymkv

If it's not going to be used for CC, the longer barrel and extra weight of the 1006 would seem to be preferable. S&W 10mm's are great guns and you won't be disappointed.

jem375

Let's put it this way, I own a S&W Model 1076 and wouldn't trade it for any Glock made, so I vote for the 1006.

Elkins45

If you plan to reload there isn't even a choice. The partially unsupported feed ramp of the Glock means that you get ONE full power load out of your brass before the head gets so bulged as to be dangerous.

The S&W is supported, so you get normal life from your brass.

I own both, but the Glock only gets carried with factory Silvertips.

Mark B

I owned a 29 and it was a fantastic handgun. That said I'd buy the 1006 for the weight, longer bbl, future collector value, and most important of all....coolness factor:cool: