smith m327PD

SD_Chop

Ok, im really thinking about this pistol. im all set to purchase my next item and i really need to add another wheel gun to the collection. I have about 750 in firearms fund to spend was looking at these 327s and thought a 8shot scandium frame revolver would be pretty sweet. But is that work the $900, so many other options are left open in that price range in the .357mag area. should i leave my options open to other things? like what? what you got for sale? anything and all would help

xrmattaz

Keep your eye on the used market, IMO.

I picked up my 325PD and 329PD for $600./each. Due to the lightweight nature of these revolvers, many haven't been fired much!

The 327PD will be my next purchase, I really really like the PD-series revolvers, and carry one daily. :p

SD_Chop

I was between the snubbie 327 PC and the 327 PD. I think i like the 4" barrel better being it wont be my primary conceal carry weapon. Last time i checked buds the PD was 860 shipped. I dont really mind spending that on it, i have $750 just sitting in my safe from past deals and trades and that is just for guns/ammo and what not. Is it worth spending that much more on a revolver for the light frame and two extra shots? Do the PD's shoot nice, feel durable? Are those wood grips comfortable? I ask because no local shops have any for me to hold

xrmattaz

Just home from shooting my two PD's. As mentioned earlier, I really really like 'em!

I find the wood grips to be very comfortable (for ME) whilst shooting .45ACP/.44 Special....not so much when shooting magnums from the 329PD.

These are Smith and Wessons, quality-built firearms with a lifetime guarantee.

radom

I still dont see why people buy the things..they smart like all hell when you shoot them. I can see the nice and light to pack idea but still you have to be able to shoot and hit with them. A 12 0z .357 seem to me like just go stick your paw into the garbage grinder.

Elvishead

Model 327s, or 327 caliber?

The "Model 327 scandium" Is just awesome IMHO.

And "yes", I own one.

Come out to Vegas, I'll let you shoot it. Ohhh, and the ammo is on you....:D

Recoil is less than you would expect.

Look up "Elvishead" on Youtube.com And you'll see me shooting one.

Last edited:

SD_Chop

I will be in vegas next month :D Yes the 327 in 357 mag. I am not at all worried about recoil, have owned 454's have 45's shot any and all of it hell a big bang makes it more fun. Might even consider getting the 329 in 44 mag. Gotta lay out the pros and cons of a 357 mag 8 shot or 44 mag with 6 shots.

xrmattaz you ready to let that 329 go yet ;)

Elvishead

Cool, sound's good, I'll pick you up at the hotel!

Anyway, I've always wanted an 8 shot . 357 sense the introduction in the mid 80s, and I not only got one, but I got a PC model along with a 627 V-comp, which I realized later I didn't need, but still an "Awesome gun"

We shoot on Tuesday (Less busy) t between 5pm and 9pm at the indoor range (American shooters off of Arville) just off the LV strip.

PM me.

PS, see ya in Vagas,

RPSmith

I'm getting the 386 Night Guard next week...

I looked long and hard at the 8 shot .357 but settled on the L-frame because it felt better in my hands. The PD/NG line of Smitha have to be about the most perfect hiking/camping carry gun in existence. Congrats on your purchase.